Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

babysitting

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 50 Replies
Do you ever babysit?

Do you enjoy it?

Any horror stories?
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I just started watching my friends son a few days a week while she works.

I don't mind it because it means i can stay home with my kids instead of working during the week.

our boys are 6 months apart so they play pretty well together and it gives me a little timeaway from trucks and trains to play with my youngest
Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I help out family when I can and have helped out a few friends a few times and no I don't mind it if they r good kids and get along with my DD
Momma2013
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Not anymore :(

I loved it!

Not a horror story, but one day I was stuck with 11 kids, 4 and under and had a BLAST!

momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Only my grandson.Love being with him

kellysparkles
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I do, every day.  I sit for a little boy who is a couple weeks younger than DD.  He is here Monday through Friday from 7-5 and, honestly, he makes me not want a second child :(

He's just very rough and aggressive (they're only 9 months); he hits DD, if she's playing alone he climbs on her, he scratches her.  

The other day he climbed on her and she fell over, hitting her head on a block and then he belly flopped onto her head, causing the block to cut her head (very little).  I picked her up to check her and comfor her and he had a FIT!  He started screaming, kicking, he climbed up on the play yard fence (so he was standing) and then fell backwards causing this huge thud, then just kept kicking and screaming for THREE HOURS!!!  I have talked to his mom about it because this isn't new behavior..it happens all the time.  She said at home he gets attention whenever he wants it because her and her husband are home at the same time, but here he has to share the attention and he hates it.  

Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM
That's insane! I can barely handle 3 under 3

Quoting Momma2013:

Not anymore :(

I loved it!

Not a horror story, but one day I was stuck with 11 kids, 4 and under and had a BLAST!

HaileysMom07180
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:37 AM

i watch my brother and sister (they are 6 days older than my dd)  they spend the night every once in awhile.  its like having triplets.

Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:40 AM
That is crazy. He will have to learn that he can't be the center of attention all the time, but he still shouldn't be hurting your dd.

My Ds is 2 and my friends son will be 2 Christmas eve. They are 2 completely different children. My Ds talks up a storm and listens when i give directions and her son cries if i ask him to pick up something he's dropped. He woke up at 5 am and jumped around the house until my 2 kids woke up. Everyone fell back to sleep around 7. It was ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure he was hungry, but i didn't give him anything. He threw half his dinner on the floor and refused to help clean it up and he only fell asleep at midnight.

Quoting kellysparkles:

I do, every day.  I sit for a little boy who is a couple weeks younger than DD.  He is here Monday through Friday from 7-5 and, honestly, he makes me not want a second child :(

He's just very rough and aggressive (they're only 9 months); he hits DD, if she's playing alone he climbs on her, he scratches her.  

The other day he climbed on her and she fell over, hitting her head on a block and then he belly flopped onto her head, causing the block to cut her head (very little).  I picked her up to check her and comfor her and he had a FIT!  He started screaming, kicking, he climbed up on the play yard fence (so he was standing) and then fell backwards causing this huge thud, then just kept kicking and screaming for THREE HOURS!!!  I have talked to his mom about it because this isn't new behavior..it happens all the time.  She said at home he gets attention whenever he wants it because her and her husband are home at the same time, but here he has to share the attention and he hates it.  

Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:41 AM
That's crazy, but it's great they get to grow up together.

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

i watch my brother and sister (they are 6 days older than my dd)  they spend the night every once in awhile.  its like having triplets.

HaileysMom07180
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:46 AM

yeah its actually kinda nice because when we go over to my dads house, we can focus on adult conversations while the kids run around and play

Quoting Firenygirl180:

That's crazy, but it's great they get to grow up together.

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN