Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.
Do you ever babysit?

Do you enjoy it?

Any horror stories?
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Replies (41-50):
Kmakksmom
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:27 PM

I used to babysit when I was younger, from age 9-14.  I enjoyed it.  The one thing that I never did was babysit babies.  I don't know why I didn't, but I wish I had when I had our oldest daughter and realized I didn't know how to change a diaper!  My mom had to change my daughter's very first diaper and show me how to do it.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You*, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I did when I was a kid/teen all the time,
Loved it ;)

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I did for awhile.  Too restrictive for my own family time.  I had a nightmare of a little boy who found a sharpie somewhere and scribbled all over our television!

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I did babysit and I was good at it. The only horror stories I have were the night the couple I was sitting for were in a car accident... and the idiots who thought a 10yo would be a 'fine' sitter for a 3wk old baby. I still can't believe how dumb they were...

TheJerseyGirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:15 AM

I babysit for my nephews daughter and  love it!

TheJerseyGirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Thats the thing for me too...I need to work it around my kids

Quoting TigerofMu:

I did for awhile.  Too restrictive for my own family time.  I had a nightmare of a little boy who found a sharpie somewhere and scribbled all over our television!

TheJerseyGirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I did that thru my teen years and made good money. I wish there was a way for my daughter to do it too but there isnt anyone asking for a babysitter.

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM

It was very frustrating.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Thats the thing for me too...I need to work it around my kids

Quoting TigerofMu:

Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:46 AM
That little boy would be my Ds!

my family isn't busy with activities yet so nothing really interferes with that, but once my kids are a little older and we have things to do i could see having extra kids being an issue

Quoting TigerofMu:

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM

You must have your hands full!

Quoting Firenygirl180:

That little boy would be my Ds!

my family isn't busy with activities yet so nothing really interferes with that, but once my kids are a little older and we have things to do i could see having extra kids being an issue

Quoting TigerofMu:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN