Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How Do You Define Success?

Posted by   + Show Post

We've all had those moments where we realize that our life hasn't worked out the way we dreamed, but does that mean we've failed, or could it mean we need to rethink our definition of success? Ericka Souter, Editor of The Stir, is here to share her thoughts. 

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Replies (11-20):
4kidz916
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I think being a nice and kind person and a good mother is being successful.  I'll never be rich and famous or powerful but that doesn't matter to me. 

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I define success by how happy I feel in life.

dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I think that success can mean going with what life gives to you and making that work to your advantage. If you give up because one dream doesn't come to follow, then you are failing at life. You need to adjust and keep going towards that new goal.

Miranda1127
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Success is being better than you were yesterday. No matter what better actually is....as long as you are better off today than you were yesterday....you are your own success

Ambear72
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I think that if you work hard and are able to make ends meet and pay your bills and maybe have a little money left over then you are successful. 

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Quoting matt_sara_mom:

I loved when she said her child not needing therapy. I define my success totally on how adjusted my children are. I never had those huge plans for myself. Staring at the big 3 0 the only thing I really wanted when I was younger was to be a high school teacher. I got something better, I get to teach my children all the grades and subjects, I get to be the one who is the reason behind that little light when something clicks. To me that is the best success I could ask for.

I agree I think my dd is a definite reflection of my success 

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I love this 

Quoting Miranda1127:

Success is being better than you were yesterday. No matter what better actually is....as long as you are better off today than you were yesterday....you are your own success

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:34 PM

while I appeciate being able to pay all my bills and having some left over every month to me our success is the strength of our marriage and family. How well adjusted and well behaved our daughter. 

graycalico
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:15 PM
It changes as I go
elasmimi
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:22 PM

My idea of success is to raise happy, well adjusted, moral children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN