Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How Do You Define Success?

Posted by   + Show Post

We've all had those moments where we realize that our life hasn't worked out the way we dreamed, but does that mean we've failed, or could it mean we need to rethink our definition of success? Ericka Souter, Editor of The Stir, is here to share her thoughts. 

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Replies (21-30):
Desirae1394
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Ironically I was feeling like this yesterday! Lol I was feeling like an absolute failure as a wife and parent. :/ hormones I think 

Right  now success is having a great day with the kids without yelling or arguing. Too often I focus on where I haven't done well instead of the good. 

Bob192
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I think we have to find happiness where we are or we'll never be happy.  It took me a while to figure that out.

earthangel1967
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 3:50 AM

To me success has nothing to do with money, material goods or even necessarily accomplishments in career or otherwise... if you  aren't happy and feel whole and fullfilled then it's not success.

I personally find success in using my life how I  feel called to within myself to make a positive difference in the world to others in big ways or even small ways whenever I can. To know even at least one other person's life is at least to some degree better because I lived and am here. To make as many priceless memories as I can with loved ones (bc those last forever long after I'm gone) and to use every chance I can to make others feel and know how special and important they each are.

Knowing your life matters is very rewarding and to me is success whether you  are rich or poor or young or old or anything else.

YVONNE

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Same here...my children and dh.

Quoting Bmat:

Success for me is that my sons are settled and happy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I don't have a goal, I don't have a mesure of success. 

Many months it seems that we are happy if all the bills get paid.

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I've always viewed success like that.
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Success to me is doing my best at everything I do and always working to follow God and his plans.

Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:46 PM

yeah I will let you know when i feel like I succeeded at something LOL...

I set goals and count them as accomplishments

sara_7106
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Well said

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I think success is balanced with contentment... Not settling, but at the same time striving for the best in whatever situation you have.

4kidz916
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Exactly!

Quoting momofsixangels:

I define it by how happy you are.Not by what you own or how much money you make

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement