Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How Do You Define Success?

Posted by   + Show Post

We've all had those moments where we realize that our life hasn't worked out the way we dreamed, but does that mean we've failed, or could it mean we need to rethink our definition of success? Ericka Souter, Editor of The Stir, is here to share her thoughts. 

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Replies (31-40):
Bmat
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Reaching a goal, and being happy about it. :)

krys1025
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:03 PM
I define success by accomplishing the realistic goals set by myself. Sometimes goals change as life happens and adjustments need to be made
krys1025
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Love that

Quoting Miranda1127:

Success is being better than you were yesterday. No matter what better actually is....as long as you are better off today than you were yesterday....you are your own success

Sisteract
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Loving what you do and being able to earn a living.

arpazia
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Me too:)

Quoting craftybookworm:

I define success by the level of happiness it brings me. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Desirae1394
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Success is being content where you are, finding joy in all things and having compassion for others. 

aneela
by Silver Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

great outlook :)

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Success to me is doing my best at everything I do and always working to follow God and his plans.

Bob192
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:52 AM

So true!!

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Success to me is doing my best at everything I do and always working to follow God and his plans.

ceciliam
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Success means so many things to me. My son being happy and healthy is success. Being able to balance my household, activities and hobbies well, is success. Being financially secure is success.

Basically having a nice balance in all areas of life is success, to me.

RobynS
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM

The older I get, the more success is defined by emotions. If I am living right, treating others well, being honest... I feel successful and at peace. That's what I want for my children. I don't care if they become CEOs or rock stars or janitors... if they're happy--that true kind of happiness that comes from self-respect and living right, then they will be SUCCESSFUL. :)

Oh, and I cannot get over how BEAUTIFUL Ericka is. Holy smokes! She is gorgeous.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)