Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How Do You Define Success?

Posted by   + Show Post

We've all had those moments where we realize that our life hasn't worked out the way we dreamed, but does that mean we've failed, or could it mean we need to rethink our definition of success? Ericka Souter, Editor of The Stir, is here to share her thoughts. 

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Replies (41-50):
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
That is very well said.
Quoting TerriC:

If I raise well adjusted, well behaved, polite children and keep my husband happy year after year, that would be great success to me.

Desirae1394
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Amen to that. :) TFS

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Success to me is doing my best at everything I do and always working to follow God and his plans.

Bob192
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:57 PM

It can be hard to stand by our beliefs when society is pressing us to be something else and even harder to keep our kiddos from following that too.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I agree

Quoting countrygirlkat:

That is very well said.
Quoting TerriC:

If I raise well adjusted, well behaved, polite children and keep my husband happy year after year, that would be great success to me.

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 5:13 PM
You are welcome.
Quoting Desirae1394:

Amen to that. :) TFS

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Success to me is doing my best at everything I do and always working to follow God and his plans.

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I define success in terms of great relationships, good friends, a loving spouse, great children, and a happy home life. :)

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:49 PM

So, so true. 

Quoting Bob192:

It can be hard to stand by our beliefs when society is pressing us to be something else and even harder to keep our kiddos from following that too.

kellynh
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Exactly

Quoting momofsixangels:

I define it by how happy you are.Not by what you own or how much money you make

kellynh
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Agree

Quoting sara_7106:

Well said

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I think success is balanced with contentment... Not settling, but at the same time striving for the best in whatever situation you have.

kellynh
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Perfect

Quoting Desirae1394:

Success is being content where you are, finding joy in all things and having compassion for others. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)