Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.
So I did not think I had any then I wake up this morning to a busted windshield. :(
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Replies (51-54):
LindaClement
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Locks make some people angry (or do I mean 'angrier'?) and I've heard people live saying things like 'think that's going to protect your precious stuff?'

Unless you know you've been antagonizing someone angry, I don't see how it's personal...

Quoting chattycassie:

I could not block the number. It was not all one.night. Either way yes.it could be random but seems odd they did not touch any of the multiple cars parked.on the street. Just our behind the locked gate.

Quoting LindaClement:

I've never received 'harrassing phone calls' for more than 2 consecutive dials (and the only time it happened, I assumed someone had been given our number randomly, to avoid giving their real number) because I have a wonderful little switch on my phone that turns the ringer off. Of course, I also have the ability to unplug the entire system... I don't play victim very well.

Just because it was a baseball bat doesn't mean it wasn't a random hooligan, does it?

Quoting chattycassie:

Well I have a locked gate that things keep getting stolen from. A few months back we were getting harrasing phone calls all night long. To be honest I want.to think its all random but hard too after the last.few months. Also the police think.it was smashed with a baseball bat. Plus we could not find anything around the car that would have busted the window. It could.be random, but we have had a lot if issues. I know part of it is just the neighborhood.

Quoting LindaClement:

Interesting leap of logic...

... do you have any reason to believe it was targetted specifically at you, and not, say, random hooligans busting up stuff for the pretty noise it makes?

... or an accident that the person who did it panicked and ran away from?

... or the result of some idiot 15 blocks away shooting into the air?

sukainah
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Thanks, it's a bummer but what can I do.  At least it's an older car and not brand new.  It looks nice except all the scratches lol

Quoting chattycassie:

That sucks I am sorry that happened to you.

Quoting sukainah:

Oh my gosh! Sorry to hear that! I had my car keyed, don't know who did it to this day.

Kmakksmom
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Oh yikes!

aneela
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:38 PM

oh man...wow that is nuts. havent read all the replies but have you found out who or why?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN