Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Class Mama Drama - UPDATE in red

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this

So since I'm Mini's class mom, I am in charge of the Halloween party on Thursday. I called a bunch of parents and all my supplies (save for the cupcakes) were sent in already. I also have a good number of volunteers. All the supplies for the craft and goody bags are in. Another mom is helping me sort and bag them tomorrow and Wednesday, if needed. I have everything under control. 

My problem is this other mom. At open house, she said to me "I'm always class mom" as in a 'don't get your hopes up' type way. She then made a comment about how young I was (Ok I look younger than I am but still!) and how she could be "Lead" class mom and I could help. I just laughed at the time.

Fast forward to two weeks ago. I had called her twice because she was recommended by a mom I know. She never called me back, but instead started using the communication notebook to ask the teacher a bunch of questions that she should have been asking me all last week. She obviously knew these were my responsibilities and was choosing to go through the teacher. She told the teacher to tell me that SHE was going to do the treat bags. I told the teacher we were doing them and long story short, now the kids are going to have 2 treat bags. I hope none of the parents complain. Yes, some of them would.

I'm just irritated. I feel like this woman is just going to do what she wants and is going to keep pulling stuff like this. I've dealt with people like this, but I kinda thought the pettiness was left in high school. Guess not. 

Vent over. Thanks for reading :)

UPDATE: So last night, I get this FB message from a fellow PTA mom. She said this mom has been trying to contact me (nope) then gave me her numbers. I was livid she tried to involve this woman. First off there are only 2 ways to know I even know the PTA woman... Either she was stalking my FB page and saw who we had in common or she was running her mouth to someone who happened to know me. 

Either way, I texted her and she called me. She said she sent in the treat bags already. I said I didn't know if the parents would want 2 treat bags. She huffily told me "Fine. I can send them home friday for my son's birthday. I'll be there for that anyway." I told her that would be fine, bit the bullet and asked her if she would like to volunteer for Thurs. She said no then went on about how she would love to help and I can call her any time. I didn't even know how to respond. I'm just going to have to take the high road on this one and just see how this goes. If she throws a tantrum before the TDay Feast next month, I'm going to conference with the teacher. 

Thank you all for your replies!

Bigasmouth Pictures

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:09 AM

::shaking head::
Shame on her,
I would talk to the teacher after this party.

You are the lead Mom for the parties & if this other Mom can't get over it too bad.
Honestly two goody bags is too much
And she should be ashaamed of herself for acting like this ..

graycalico
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Is there a tactful way to make sure only your bags go out? That would send the message that you won't be walked on all year.
brownhoney21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 6:21 AM
1 mom liked this

You are wright this is very petti.

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Wow, that sounds frustrating!

conweis
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:23 PM

She has no life outside of her child's.

HaileysMom07180
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:25 PM

wait until after the party and let the teacher know what is going on.  

craftybookworm
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

This!!!!!

Quoting hugss:

Shame on her,

You are the lead Mom for the parties & if this other Mom can't get over it too bad.

MistressMinerva
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I would be letting the teacher know about this.

Numom61507
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:40 PM

She should, but somehow I doubt she will.. lol

Quoting hugss:

Shame on her,

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:42 PM

::sigh::
Talk to the Mom & remind her you/her are adults <wink>

Quoting Numom61507:

She should, but somehow I doubt she will.. lol

Quoting hugss:

Shame on her,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)