Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Class Mama Drama - UPDATE in red

Posted by   + Show Post

So since I'm Mini's class mom, I am in charge of the Halloween party on Thursday. I called a bunch of parents and all my supplies (save for the cupcakes) were sent in already. I also have a good number of volunteers. All the supplies for the craft and goody bags are in. Another mom is helping me sort and bag them tomorrow and Wednesday, if needed. I have everything under control. 

My problem is this other mom. At open house, she said to me "I'm always class mom" as in a 'don't get your hopes up' type way. She then made a comment about how young I was (Ok I look younger than I am but still!) and how she could be "Lead" class mom and I could help. I just laughed at the time.

Fast forward to two weeks ago. I had called her twice because she was recommended by a mom I know. She never called me back, but instead started using the communication notebook to ask the teacher a bunch of questions that she should have been asking me all last week. She obviously knew these were my responsibilities and was choosing to go through the teacher. She told the teacher to tell me that SHE was going to do the treat bags. I told the teacher we were doing them and long story short, now the kids are going to have 2 treat bags. I hope none of the parents complain. Yes, some of them would.

I'm just irritated. I feel like this woman is just going to do what she wants and is going to keep pulling stuff like this. I've dealt with people like this, but I kinda thought the pettiness was left in high school. Guess not. 

Vent over. Thanks for reading :)

UPDATE: So last night, I get this FB message from a fellow PTA mom. She said this mom has been trying to contact me (nope) then gave me her numbers. I was livid she tried to involve this woman. First off there are only 2 ways to know I even know the PTA woman... Either she was stalking my FB page and saw who we had in common or she was running her mouth to someone who happened to know me. 

Either way, I texted her and she called me. She said she sent in the treat bags already. I said I didn't know if the parents would want 2 treat bags. She huffily told me "Fine. I can send them home friday for my son's birthday. I'll be there for that anyway." I told her that would be fine, bit the bullet and asked her if she would like to volunteer for Thurs. She said no then went on about how she would love to help and I can call her any time. I didn't even know how to respond. I'm just going to have to take the high road on this one and just see how this goes. If she throws a tantrum before the TDay Feast next month, I'm going to conference with the teacher. 

Thank you all for your replies!

Bigasmouth Pictures

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Replies (31-37):
Numom61507
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Thanks. I kinda am! I'm such a grown up! LOL

Quoting SweetLuci:

That's great. Glad it's working out. You should be proud of yourself for taking the higher ground.

Quoting Numom61507:

She already involved the teacher which upset me because it makes me look like I can't handle it. She will be told what will happen for Thanksgiving. If she tries any crap, she won't be asked to come in. The teacher told me that she will only inform the office of the names I give her so that eliminates her surprising us...

Quoting SweetLuci:

This is shameful. I think I would have a talk with the teacher.

critter_boo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow I'm sorry
Numom61507
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Quoting critter_boo:

Wow I'm sorry

Kmakksmom
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Oh my goodness.  I don't do well with any kind of drama.  It sounds like you are doing the best you can in this situation.  Good Luck with her!

Numom61507
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Thanks! I'm going to try. She's just like my sisters so I think I can manage! Lol

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Oh my goodness.  I don't do well with any kind of drama.  It sounds like you are doing the best you can in this situation.  Good Luck with her!

aneela
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM

oh boy..what a mess!

Numom61507
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Yup!!

Quoting aneela:

oh boy..what a mess!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN