Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Scary Movie

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:04 AM
  • 30 Replies
My dd1 is 13 and hasn't watched any scary movies before. I don't like the idea of her seeing anything too gory but she's expressed interest in seeing something scary. Any suggestions? Do you remember your first scary movie?
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brownhoney21
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:19 AM

I have no suggestions, Scary movies are not for me.

momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I dont remember when I started but I love horror movies.My kids (youngest is almost 11) watch Halloween and friday the 13th with me

graycalico
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Me either really! That's why I'm on the fence with her seeing most of them

Quoting brownhoney21:

graycalico
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:04 PM
I was thinking Halloween might be a good on. I've never seen the Friday ones myself

Quoting momofsixangels:

I dont remember when I started but I love horror movies.My kids (youngest is almost 11) watch Halloween and friday the 13th with me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:08 PM
I don't remember my first one... my mother loved scary movies though and I always watched them with her. When she passed away (I was 11) I wasn't allowed to watch them any more BC my grandparents didn't think I should. Funny part is I was 20 when I realized I had seen all the Freddy movies and yet had never seen him kill anyone. My mom knew the movies by heart and would send me out of the room for popcorn or to peek in on my siblings or something every time something gory happened.

Now I do remember being about 5 and sneaking down to sit and the stairs and watch "Twilight Zone" re runs when I was supposed to be in bed...
sjenkins8208
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:12 PM
I had two teenage sisters growing up, I've been watching horror movies since I can remember! They have some R.L. Stine movies to go with three books. They are usually a half an hour long and made for her age. I think they are called Goosebumps. I had a bunch of the books growing up.
graycalico
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Great idea! She's read a bunch of those

Quoting sjenkins8208:

I had two teenage sisters growing up, I've been watching horror movies since I can remember! They have some R.L. Stine movies to go with three books. They are usually a half an hour long and made for her age. I think they are called Goosebumps. I had a bunch of the books growing up.
graycalico
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I should have her watch the twilight zone or something Hitchcock. What a great memory to have about your mom!

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't remember my first one... my mother loved scary movies though and I always watched them with her. When she passed away (I was 11) I wasn't allowed to watch them any more BC my grandparents didn't think I should. Funny part is I was 20 when I realized I had seen all the Freddy movies and yet had never seen him kill anyone. My mom knew the movies by heart and would send me out of the room for popcorn or to peek in on my siblings or something every time something gory happened.

Now I do remember being about 5 and sneaking down to sit and the stairs and watch "Twilight Zone" re runs when I was supposed to be in bed...
momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Quoting graycalico:

Me either really! That's why I'm on the fence with her seeing most of them

Quoting brownhoney21:

I was the one scared not them LOL. I have seen them all so many times before yet I still get scared.The kids laughed at them

la1118
by Laura on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I don't remember my first scary movie, but Poltergeist really kind of freaked me out.  I showed it to my 15yo SS and he thought it was lame.  He said the Paranormal Activity movies were scary...and I thought those were lame.  I guess there is a generation gap, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN