Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

anyone here never worked outside the home?

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 37 Replies

I was talking to a lady recently and she said she never worked outside the home, she always had a man to pay her bills and the state to help take care of her kids.Takes all kinds.

Just got me wondering how many women never had a job outside the home before becoming a mom or ever had a job since becoming a mom.

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:11 AM

nope.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:15 AM
I have worked outside the home. That being said i know a lady who, whenever df & I talk about finding a job/different one, she tries to tell me/him that we can't be picky about which job we apply for....then there are times she bitches about not having money........
aneela
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM

well that's just weird. not like she is paying your bills. if you all want to change jobs and whatever...what business is it of hers to comment on if you are picky or not. weird. how long have you known her? is she a close friend or just someone you know a little?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have worked outside the home. That being said i know a lady who, whenever df & I talk about finding a job/different one, she tries to tell me/him that we can't be picky about which job we apply for....then there are times she bitches about not having money........

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I have never worked out side the home. But I became a mom at 17.
Rust.n.Gears
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I'm actually disabled so working was never something I could do well. I tried but failed. In the past two years I began a business working from home. I really love that. I wasn't looking for it but it fell into my lap and it is going great for me. 

aneela
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM

that is so great you were able to find a way to create your own income! what do you do?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I'm actually disabled so working was never something I could do well. I tried but failed. In the past two years I began a business working from home. I really love that. I wasn't looking for it but it fell into my lap and it is going great for me. 

Rust.n.Gears
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:31 AM
3 moms liked this

I handspin yarn on a spinning wheel. It started as a hobby but I make so much yarn that I could never knit it all. People started buying it and bam I had a business off and running. Now two yarn shops sell my yarn as well.  

Quoting aneela:

that is so great you were able to find a way to create your own income! what do you do?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

sjenkins8208
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM
I worked in high school. I've been a stay at home wife/mother since I met my dh. We don't need any pa. And I have no desire to work outside the home. I like to volunteer at me sons school though
aneela
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:36 AM

that is so cool. is it hard to do?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

I handspin yarn on a spinning wheel. It started as a hobby but I make so much yarn that I could never knit it all. People started buying it and bam I had a business off and running. Now two yarn shops sell my yarn as well.  

Rust.n.Gears
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

It just takes time and practice. You start with a drop spindle.

I take to it more naturally because I was raised by artists and that actually does affect you when you are learning a new art form. I began knitting and crocheting when I was only three and could handsew quilts by five.

Quoting aneela:

that is so cool. is it hard to do?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement