Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Let's get to know each other! *Sign Ups*

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 67 Replies

Alright - I feel like I'm starting to know you ladies a little more each day but would like to know more! I'd like to get at LEAST 10 people signed up by Friday afternoon and start a Mom of the Week(MOTW) post. It would be started every Monday morning and it would last until Thursday night(we'll take a break Friday to Sunday). Featuring 1 mom who answers questions that people ask her. If there's anything the MOTW is uncomfortable answering, she can "pass". There's no pressure, but I think it'd be great to ask the questions you may have about another mom on here and just build better relationships within the group.

As I see them, I will be editing this post so that the names are in order and we can check them off. I hope you guys are as excited as I am because I really like this group and think we have a great set of ladies here!

To sign up, please comment with your first name below if you would like or we can just use screen names. :) We'll be starting this next Monday, November 18th, 2013

1. conweis    11/18

2. cindilou13   11/25

3. Cassandra - chattycassie    12/3-12/6 Starting Tuesday instead of Monday, so going until Friday

4. sburger315    12/9

5. katvixenstar   12/16

6. Katie - liveforever    12/23

7. Firenygirl180    12/30

8. Deon - graycalico    1/6

9. Deanna - mamamedic69    1/13

10. Tina - numom61507    1/20

11. Brittany - brittany208    1/27

12. scoleman828    2/3

13. SarahSuzyQ    2/10

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
conweis
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I will sign up but I don't like using my first name much on CM.

cindilou13
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I just joined the group, and would also like to participate-though definitely not first since I'm new lol.  I think it would be good to use screen names instead of first names as many would be more comfortable that way.  Though my first name (Cindi)  is in my screen name, I know a lot aren't. 

Momma2013
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Welcome! I saw your post in the intro page! I've never met another Cindi, that's how my aunt spells it but it took a while for it to catch on. She didn't like the common C-i-n-d-y and wanted to do it a little different.

Did your mom spell it with an -i or was that your own way of being unique?

Quoting cindilou13:

I just joined the group, and would also like to participate-though definitely not first since I'm new lol.  I think it would be good to use screen names instead of first names as many would be more comfortable that way.  Though my first name (Cindi)  is in my screen name, I know a lot aren't. 

chattycassie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I would LOVE to do it. My first name is Cassandra. :)
sburger315
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I'll do it, this sounds fun! You can use my screen name.

cindilou13
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:55 PM

My parents spelled it with an 'i' because they wanted to differentiate that it did not come from Cynthia.  Which quite frankly has never made any sense to me, and people still think it does. 

It has always annoyed the heck out of me honestly, because no one ever spells it right, I'm always correcting it, and as a kid it bothered me endlessly that pre-personalized things never had it right.  I know that's silly, but as a kid it didn't seem that way.  Now, it doesn't bother me if someone gets it wrong, unless it has to be right for a document or whatever...I don't even correct it most of the time...but as a child & teenager, it really irked me that people couldn't be bothered to remember to spell it right.  It has made me very sensitive to spelling people's names correctly and I absolutely can't stand some of the 'unique' spellings I see in names...it may seem cute but it can really be a life long hassle.  Yes, a minor one in the great scheme of things, but an annoyance just the same.

Whew, sorry.  Didn't mean to turn that into a vent!

Quoting Momma2013:

Welcome! I saw your post in the intro page! I've never met another Cindi, that's how my aunt spells it but it took a while for it to catch on. She didn't like the common C-i-n-d-y and wanted to do it a little different.

Quoting cindilou13:

katvixenstar
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 6:03 PM

these are fun! i'll sign up :)

liveforever
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:50 PM
I'll do it! My name is Katie.
Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I'll sign up! You can use my screen name
Momma2013
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

No need to apologize. This is a "free zone" You can say things that bother you without judgement at least not from me or most people in this group. I've never seen any drama in this group, it's awesome!

I signed you up for the 2nd week so that starts the 25th. If anyone asks anything you aren't comfortable answering, feel free to just quote them and say "pass". Please do try to answer everyone though, even if the answer is pass - just so they know they weren't ignored but went too personal :)

Quoting cindilou13:

My parents spelled it with an 'i' because they wanted to differentiate that it did not come from Cynthia.  Which quite frankly has never made any sense to me, and people still think it does. 

It has always annoyed the heck out of me honestly, because no one ever spells it right, I'm always correcting it, and as a kid it bothered me endlessly that pre-personalized things never had it right.  I know that's silly, but as a kid it didn't seem that way.  Now, it doesn't bother me if someone gets it wrong, unless it has to be right for a document or whatever...I don't even correct it most of the time...but as a child & teenager, it really irked me that people couldn't be bothered to remember to spell it right.  It has made me very sensitive to spelling people's names correctly and I absolutely can't stand some of the 'unique' spellings I see in names...it may seem cute but it can really be a life long hassle.  Yes, a minor one in the great scheme of things, but an annoyance just the same.

Whew, sorry.  Didn't mean to turn that into a vent!

Quoting Momma2013:

Quoting cindilou13:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN