Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Can You Handle Your Kids' Toughest Questions?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM
  • 53 Replies

Andrew, Joanie and Chuck are getting real as they ask their kids' toughest and most direct questions. On everything from grades to whether Dad was ever in love before he met mom, we hope these kids are ready for honest answers! 

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miranda1127
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I don't think there really is a hard question kids . I've always answered my kids questions openly and honestly. So honestly that often my answer is 'for ME....xyz....but all people are different. At the end of the day they just need to make the choice that best fits their believes and that will allow them a clear conscience at the end of the day.'

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:22 PM

We try to always be honest with her in a way that she can handle, 

Bob192
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:41 PM

We are honest and only tell them what they need to know.

Desirae1394
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm all about honest answers at their level. If you're open with them, they'll be more lie,ly to turn to you always. 

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:05 AM

We have been up front and open since they were young. I believe that is the only way to be. Yes, we answer their questions.

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Desirae1394:

I'm all about honest answers at their level. If you're open with them, they'll be more lie,ly to turn to you always. 

I fully agree with this.

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I answer my kids to the best of my ability, openly and honestly, as detailed as I feel they can understand, or I want them to know.  If I don't know, we look it up.

momofsixangels
Trial starts the 25th next month. Hope he gets life or death row
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I am 100% honest with my kids

sukainah
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM

That's what we do too.  Sometimes their questions are just too hard to answer for their ages.

Quoting Bob192:

We are honest and only tell them what they need to know.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest 7 year old was asking about how babies came about and we looked up on youtube.com to see some videos about how the sperm reaches the egg and found a really funny and cute one that cracked them up.  I wasn't ready to tell them how that sperm gets from the man to the woman's egg LOL

Quoting TigerofMu:

I answer my kids to the best of my ability, openly and honestly, as detailed as I feel they can understand, or I want them to know.  If I don't know, we look it up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)