Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Is it easier for you...

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 14 Replies

is it easier for you to brag about your successes/strengths, or for you to complain about your failures/weaknesses?

seems some people love to brag and cannot admit a fault, while others only have negative things to say about themselves. which group do you fall in?

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:35 AM
I don't do either. I keep conversations off of/about me.

If I had to chose one would be my failures and my weaknesses.
proudmommy690
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Complaining too much.
graycalico
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Neither
othermom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I am not big on bragging

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:58 AM

It's hard to talk about something successful, because I don't want to seem like a braggart, but I do want people to notice.  It's often easier to be down on ourselves. 

brittany208
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

i feel the same way

Quoting TigerofMu:

It's hard to talk about something successful, because I don't want to seem like a braggart, but I do want people to notice.  It's often easier to be down on ourselves. 

la1118
by Laura on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I find it very difficult to "toot my own horn" so to speak. I really hate job interviews for that reason .
liveforever
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:49 PM
I fall somewhere in between I guess. I play down my strengths sometimes like its no huge deal, but I also don't complain/put myself down.
brittany208
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 3:10 PM

job interviews are tough! but you have to remember: you are there to sell something. (that sounds really bad--that you are selling yourself, but its true! lol)

Quoting la1118:

I find it very difficult to "toot my own horn" so to speak. I really hate job interviews for that reason .

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I don't tend to do either. I know what I do well, what I need to learn more about and what I should get other people to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)