Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Who is your internet provider?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:13 AM
  • 53 Replies
We have absolutely awful internet. We are in some kind of Bermuda triangle of internet service. We moved into the house almost 8 years ago and were told that AT&T DSL was not available but they were supposed to be adding towers. Never happened. They offer their U-verse in part of our neighborhood, but when they check my address they say it is not available. We have been using Clear.com but the connection rarely even gets up to 1Mbps and it drops all the time. We have satellite tv but internet is too expensive. I have just scheduled the cable company to come out next weekend and we will try them out (but we are keeping our satellite tv).

Who do you use for internet and what kind of speeds do you get? What type of service is it, ie cable, dsl, satellite, etc. Do you like it?
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM

All I know about mine is that it's through frontier which is the phone company in my area.  I have high speed wireless internet and I pay 39.99 a month.  It works pretty good for the most part

godsgirl26
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:29 AM
At&t U verse. I haven't had any problem with it since we've had u verse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la1118
by Laura on Nov. 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Do you have many devices connected at once? I have been told that can slow it down but we can't even stream Netflix or anything.

Quoting louannwilkins:

All I know about mine is that it's through frontier which is the phone company in my area.  I have high speed wireless internet and I pay 39.99 a month.  It works pretty good for the most part

la1118
by Laura on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:01 PM
I was hoping to stay with them so I won't have to change my email. We actually pay for dial up with at&t to keep our email addresses but we also have Clear. It's time for me to leave at&t altogether. It's crazy that a house down the street can get it but I can't.

Quoting godsgirl26:

At&t U verse. I haven't had any problem with it since we've had u verse.
chattycassie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I don't have an internet service provider. I use the WiFi on my phone to get online. I guess that means it is cricket. I pay 5 a mo for the hot spot.

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM

We have AT&T right now.

katvixenstar
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:39 PM

what i use is what my parents have, and they have time warner cable's internet. it works pretty well, most of the time. 

graycalico
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:57 PM
We have Comcast. I think we get 46. Not sure how much it is because our cable is all bundled with it. I had clear for a while forever ago, it was terrible
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:45 PM
We have AT&T
Numom61507
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Ours is bundled with our cable provider. It's high speed, but I don't know specifics. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)