Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Wrapping up those gifts?

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 72 Replies

Okay, who is reading this as they wait in line for stores to open on this Black Friday? I hope you are finding all of the presents on that list and keeping somewhat sane. Some years I hit the sales, while other years, I do most of the browsing and buying with the click of the mouse (Cyber Monday, anyone?), but one thing that happens every year: gift wrapping.

I personally like wrapping gifts, selecting festive paper, making piles of pretty boxes stacked on top of each other under the tree. I know, I know, not everyone enjoys this step in the gift-giving process.

My family has a little tradition, one that started back when I was my daughter's age. We used to just fill in the "To and From" on those little tag stickers, but one year, my grandfather started writing little hints, little poems on each tag for the gift recipient to guess. We all started doing it, and, soon, hours (yes, hours) was spent as we all came up with funny ideas for the others to guess as they opened their presents.

For years we did this. Some were just drawings with a "picture equation" (like a stick figure running and sweating with a plus sign then a mug of beer and a minus sign then a bee...sweat + er...sweater). Others were limericks. Others were very pun-ny...all of them provided huge laughs on Christmas morning. Now, we don't have as much time these days to create as extravagant clues as we used to, but still add some funny hints. It's one of the best parts of Christmas morning!

Do you like wrapping presents?  Did you hit Black Friday sales?

©iStockphoto.com/ Robynmac 

by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arpazia
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:46 AM
I like wrapping the first 3:) I don't like the odd gifts.
No Black Friday for me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissydan
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:16 AM
I love wraping gifts!!! I did some black friday shopping
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Yes I do....yep!

Maries_Mom23
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:39 AM

I've never been the "get there when the stores open" Black Friday shopper.  The girls and I always go, but we do it when we wake and get ready.  We go to a mall that's 45 minutes away, that we don't go to often.  I mainly go to buy them boots and coats super cheap.  

As far as wrapping goes, I like it.  Not love it, just like it.  But, I don't do gift bags (unless it's too big or complicated).  I like seeing them unwrap the gift.  I've always been like that.  

clowry02
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 8:10 AM

i love wrapping

othermom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't care much for wrapping but do all of it. Told my husband we should have my dad and stepmom baby sit so he can help wrap for once, lol

slw123
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I did not hit any black friday sales.  I dont' enjoy wrapping as much as I enjoy buying the gifts,  I try to wrap as soon as possible so that I'm not stuck doing it on Christmas Eve.

dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I get stuck wrapping the gifts because my DH's idea of wrapping is giving it to the person in the bag from the store. I don't shop black friday or brown thursday either.

Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I use gifts bags! I sometimes go to BF shopping.
Barabell
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I don't mind wrapping. Usually hubby and I do it together on Christmas Eve. During the rest of the year, I like using gift bags for gift giving.

I did some BF shopping online, which took care of most of what I need to get. So if I do in store shopping today, it won't be to buy much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)