Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Wrapping up those gifts?

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, who is reading this as they wait in line for stores to open on this Black Friday? I hope you are finding all of the presents on that list and keeping somewhat sane. Some years I hit the sales, while other years, I do most of the browsing and buying with the click of the mouse (Cyber Monday, anyone?), but one thing that happens every year: gift wrapping.

I personally like wrapping gifts, selecting festive paper, making piles of pretty boxes stacked on top of each other under the tree. I know, I know, not everyone enjoys this step in the gift-giving process.

My family has a little tradition, one that started back when I was my daughter's age. We used to just fill in the "To and From" on those little tag stickers, but one year, my grandfather started writing little hints, little poems on each tag for the gift recipient to guess. We all started doing it, and, soon, hours (yes, hours) was spent as we all came up with funny ideas for the others to guess as they opened their presents.

For years we did this. Some were just drawings with a "picture equation" (like a stick figure running and sweating with a plus sign then a mug of beer and a minus sign then a bee...sweat + er...sweater). Others were limericks. Others were very pun-ny...all of them provided huge laughs on Christmas morning. Now, we don't have as much time these days to create as extravagant clues as we used to, but still add some funny hints. It's one of the best parts of Christmas morning!

Do you like wrapping presents?  Did you hit Black Friday sales?

©iStockphoto.com/ Robynmac 

by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (71-72):
PennOhioBabe
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Yes & yes. I love Christmas time :)
Charizma77
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I hate wrapping gifts. I make my hubby do it. He is great at it ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN