Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Men are such woosies!

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM
  • 101 Replies
7 moms liked this

When my DH is sick it's like he expects me to take care of him. Like he is physically handicapped and can't get his ass off the sofa for anything. "Can you make me some hot tea?" "Can you get me the remote?" "I'm going to take a nap."

While I, a sahm, have to take care of the children and myself while sick. I make my own gosh darn tea and get off my ass if I need something. I can't take a nap unless both children happen to go down for their naps at the same time. I still have to clean and prepare dinner. 

It's like I have a third child when my dh is home sick haha.

*end rant*

*edit:  Don't get me wrong. If DH is sick and needs something I'm happy to help....until it gets to the point where he is taking advantage of me being home with him. 

by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheBabyFactory4
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I totally agree. My dh is like that, if he's off work or home. Luckily he doesn't get sick often and he usually still goes to work when he is because he doesn't get sick pay.
sburger315
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM

haha DH is kind of the same.  He is the one who rarely gets sick but when he does he takes advantage of it.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

I totally agree. My dh is like that, if he's off work or home. Luckily he doesn't get sick often and he usually still goes to work when he is because he doesn't get sick pay.

slw123
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:42 AM
6 moms liked this

I hear ya!  Nobody takes care of mom when she's sick.

strictmomhere
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chattycassie
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM

My S/O is more needy than my kids when he is sick.

sburger315
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:00 PM

haha same here! gotta love men!

Quoting chattycassie:

My S/O is more needy than my kids when he is sick.

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM
4 moms liked this

LOL  Vent away.  Men are like that or at least most of them.  There's no way they could handle being a woman and doing all the stuff we do. lol  Just a big baby....that's what you get when you get a man.  lol  lol  Hopefully he's a sweet baby   :)

othermom
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM

My husband is the same way. He some times helps me when I am sick if he is home

sburger315
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Usually in the evening when he gets home on the days I'm sick he is okay. He will help more with the kids but I still make dinner and stuff. If I ask him to boil some water for hot tea he would do it, but it's rare I ask him for much because I'm use to doing it all day when he is gone haha.

Quoting othermom:

othermom
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband has 4 days off each week, so he has the time to help. He is good with helping with the kids. I usually ask him to do the dishes for me if I feel really cruddy

Quoting sburger315:

Usually in the evening when he gets home on the days I'm sick he is okay. He will help more with the kids but I still make dinner and stuff. If I ask him to boil some water for hot tea he would do it, but it's rare I ask him for much because I'm use to doing it all day when he is gone haha.

Quoting othermom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement