Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

NY troopers in big SUVs peer in on texting drivers

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 36 Replies

So I was reading this article on yahoo:

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-troopers-big-suvs-peer-texting-drivers-071605086.html

I know that texting and driving is a bad thing but am I the only one that thinks this is a little intrusive? Getting bigger cars to look inside at my lap. IDk stop and frisk now this. Do you think NY is going to far or not far enough?

by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I say good for them. Distracted driving is as bad as drunk and driving.

graycalico
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Good! I see people texting and driving all the time. it neesmds to be stopped. And in today's world, there is no privacy except in your own home.
slw123
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I don't have a problem with it. I look into people's cars, people look into my car.  If one doesn't have anything to hide, they don't have anything to worry about.

Numom61507
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Distracted driving is HORRIBLE here! I think at times they're not doing enough. They seem to be up your butt when you're doing nothing but nowhere to be found when a texter is weaving in and out of traffic or holding it up. It's really bad. I was wondering why they switched to SUVs.. There aren't many of them though.

chattycassie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I wonder though if they are looking that hard for a phone in someones lap aren't they just as distracted?

Quoting slw123:

I don't have a problem with it. I look into people's cars, people look into my car.  If one doesn't have anything to hide, they don't have anything to worry about.

chattycassie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

It's terrible here too. I just wish there was an easy fix. :)

Quoting Numom61507:

Distracted driving is HORRIBLE here! I think at times they're not doing enough. They seem to be up your butt when you're doing nothing but nowhere to be found when a texter is weaving in and out of traffic or holding it up. It's really bad. I was wondering why they switched to SUVs.. There aren't many of them though.

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:30 PM

My husband can tell if people are texting from being in a regular car. I don't see a problem with it :)

lillucky8
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM
I think spending insane amts of tax money to buy bigger vehicles to spy on txtrs seems ridiculous to me, although i do see that txtng is a prob, its actually illegal innh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Numom61507
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Me too!

Quoting chattycassie:

It's terrible here too. I just wish there was an easy fix. :)

Quoting Numom61507:

chattycassie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 4:13 PM

This is kind of where I stand also. I know it's illegal but there has to be a better way than buying new gas guzzling SUV's

Quoting lillucky8:

I think spending insane amts of tax money to buy bigger vehicles to spy on txtrs seems ridiculous to me, although i do see that txtng is a prob, its actually illegal innh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)