Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

NY troopers in big SUVs peer in on texting drivers

Posted by   + Show Post

So I was reading this article on yahoo:

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-troopers-big-suvs-peer-texting-drivers-071605086.html

I know that texting and driving is a bad thing but am I the only one that thinks this is a little intrusive? Getting bigger cars to look inside at my lap. IDk stop and frisk now this. Do you think NY is going to far or not far enough?

by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Replies (31-36):
diaperstodating
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 11:15 AM
I think it's great! I hope this eventually happens in all 50 states.
chattycassie
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Do you think it will stop people from texting and driving?

Quoting diaperstodating:

I think it's great! I hope this eventually happens in all 50 states.

othermom
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Quoting slw123:

I don't have a problem with it. I look into people's cars, people look into my car.  If one doesn't have anything to hide, they don't have anything to worry about.

This is how I feel

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Nobody can see everything.  While the intent is to make the roads safer, it will probably just make people sneakier, unfortunately, paying more attention to hiding the text than anything else.

Quoting chattycassie:

It's only illegal in parts of my state. I think its wrong and don't do it. I don't think cops in big SUV's will prevent anything though.

Quoting TigerofMu:

It's illegal to text and drive where I live, and for good reason!

Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Considering it is legal for emergency responders to use their phones while driving in NY this is just another distraction for them.

I grew up in NY and was just there for Halloween and they turned all the rest areas into "text stops" and i guess 3 texting while driving violations will cause you to lose your license.

this just makes it more distracting for officers. They are flying down the highway looking into the cars they are passing which takes their eyes off the road.
brittany208
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:47 PM

its not like people have privacy in cars anyways... but stinks for the police to have to spend more on gas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement