Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What do you think is the best part of the holiday season?

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Replies (31-38):
Numom61507
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Mini drove me crazy over the 4-day TDay weekend. I don't know what 2 weeks in a row will do to us! Lol

Quoting la1118: Time off from work and school, the food, the pretty lights everywhere

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:00 AM
I have such a large family that it's easier to make something for each family unit. Plus, we live all over the USA and having to ship everything.

Quoting Numom61507:

Wow I wish I had family members who liked eating baked goods. They all complain about the amount of calories in it and stuff. Blaahhhh

Quoting mamamedic69: We bake lots of cookies. Some to eat, some for gifts, and some for cookie exchanges.

I also made/make apple butter then give them out as gifts. Dd is making ornaments as gifts this year.

Quoting Numom61507:

Cakes? Cookies? 

Do you make ornaments or presents?

Quoting mamamedic69: All the lights, baking and crafts that we do.

earthangel1967
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Without a doubt spending time laughing and making priceless special happy memories that will last forever with my loved ones and making them feel special like they so truly are.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

liveforever
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM
It really is. Its one thing I love about this city...they have a lot of fun free family events throughout the year.

Quoting Numom61507:

Oh wow. That sounds like a blast!!

Quoting liveforever:

Ours is a pretty big event. They block off a pretty good portion of the main road downtown. They have games and activities (like a giant light bright, basketball hoops, face painting,etc), food trucks, a parade, a sled dog team brings their huskies, ice carvings (that you can watch them make), the actual lighting of the downtown area, and fireworks. They project a Christmas movie on the side of the library. Inside they have crafts, the high schools orchestra, story times, meet santa (free! bring your own camera). Theres lots more...its really fun!! Aside from the food booths its all free.

Quoting Numom61507:

What does your city do? My town has a tree but it's so crowded there and there's never enough hot chocolate so we stopped going.. 

Quoting liveforever: I think its all the fun holiday activities..city lighting displays, baking, decorations

Numom61507
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

We both have big families, but luckily, the only person in my husband's family we exchange with is his aunt. No one else is usually around for Christmas anyways. I cut down my list this year to ease my stress level :)

Quoting mamamedic69: I have such a large family that it's easier to make something for each family unit. Plus, we live all over the USA and having to ship everything.

Quoting Numom61507:

Wow I wish I had family members who liked eating baked goods. They all complain about the amount of calories in it and stuff. Blaahhhh

Quoting mamamedic69: We bake lots of cookies. Some to eat, some for gifts, and some for cookie exchanges.

I also made/make apple butter then give them out as gifts. Dd is making ornaments as gifts this year.

Quoting Numom61507:

Cakes? Cookies? 

Do you make ornaments or presents?

Quoting mamamedic69: All the lights, baking and crafts that we do.

Numom61507
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Love it!

Quoting earthangel1967:

Without a doubt spending time laughing and making priceless special happy memories that will last forever with my loved ones and making them feel special like they so truly are.

Numom61507
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM

We used to but I feel like it's less and less every year..

Quoting liveforever: It really is. Its one thing I love about this city...they have a lot of fun free family events throughout the year.

Quoting Numom61507:

Oh wow. That sounds like a blast!!

Quoting liveforever:

Ours is a pretty big event. They block off a pretty good portion of the main road downtown. They have games and activities (like a giant light bright, basketball hoops, face painting,etc), food trucks, a parade, a sled dog team brings their huskies, ice carvings (that you can watch them make), the actual lighting of the downtown area, and fireworks. They project a Christmas movie on the side of the library. Inside they have crafts, the high schools orchestra, story times, meet santa (free! bring your own camera). Theres lots more...its really fun!! Aside from the food booths its all free.

Quoting Numom61507:

What does your city do? My town has a tree but it's so crowded there and there's never enough hot chocolate so we stopped going.. 

Quoting liveforever: I think its all the fun holiday activities..city lighting displays, baking, decorations

Kmakksmom
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids' eyes during the season.  They love all of the decorations, movies, tv shows, and everything else that goes with it all. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)