Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are You and Your Spouse in a Conversation Rut?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM
  • 66 Replies

You talk about the kids, the weather, your to-do lists.  What happened to those deep and interesting conversations you used to have with your partner?  Andrew, Joanie and Chuck wonder if the quality of your conversations affect the quality of your relationship.

by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wandep
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:41 PM

The me talking to me was funny.

graycalico
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
We get in a rut sometimes. I don't notice until after we've had a really good conversation. I feel closer to him after we've really checked in to each other so I think it has an affect on relationships for sure.
Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:05 PM

We do get in a rut sometimes.

RobynS
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

honestly, DH and I are lacking in both quantity and quality of conversation. I can't get him to talk and most of the time he doesn't listen. It's a problem. :(

brittany208
by Gold Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 3:07 PM

we definitely do not talk enough. we've both been stressed lately, so mostly we just leave each other alone as much as possible. I dont think we have a bad relationship, we just both value some quiet right now

RADmomma
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 3:24 PM
We talk often but it's usually over the kids talking or a movie. We could definitely use a little one on one time
jazi1105
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Same here...our lives are kind of boring lol

Quoting RADmomma: We talk often but it's usually over the kids talking or a movie. We could definitely use a little one on one time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Oh I know the feeling!!

I'm a sahm & dh works 55 hours a week minimum so our time together is limited.

I told my mom I want a date night once a month for Christmas!! Now that we live close by she can watch the girls!!

Quoting jazi1105: Same here...our lives are kind of boring lol

Quoting RADmomma: We talk often but it's usually over the kids talking or a movie. We could definitely use a little one on one time
johnny4ever
Beautiful day!
Yesterday at 8:35 AM
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

WE make time to communicate everyday

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I kind of agree with Chuck and I agree with the last thing Joanie said. My dh will Never know all the stories.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)