Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Catastrophe

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:24 PM
  • 33 Replies

Mobile Photo

Are there any grammatical errors that just drive you nuts?
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
I've seen some people recover from financial bankruptcy, but I've yet to see someone recover from intellectual or moral bankruptcy.
Yesterday at 6:33 AM
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:01 PM

OMG Too many to name!

proudmommy690
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Mostly when people put "you" when they meant "your"
graycalico
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Same hear! (Joking)

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

OMG Too many to name!

chrissydan
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 2:43 AM
I actually hate more slang type wording like useing u instead of you pur 4 instead of four ugh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:57 AM

I am well aware of grammar and all of that but it doesn't bother me at all when people make grammatical errors or spelling errors or use slang or short cut typing.  I don't sweat the small stuff, it's not that important in the scheme of things.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Stephanie116
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 7:59 AM
This drives me insane too. It really doesnt take that much longer to write it correctly. My mil is famous for this. It's like really? Your 40 some years old.. it's not cool. Lol.

Quoting chrissydan: I actually hate more slang type wording like useing u instead of you pur 4 instead of four ugh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:50 AM

same. it looks dumb

i dont mind minor errors on here or on FB--people are probably typing fast or not taking the time to proofread. I know i have a lot of errors on here from trying to type while nursing.

errors on professional things, like commercials, signs, billboards etc... bother me a lot.

Quoting chrissydan: I actually hate more slang type wording like useing u instead of you pur 4 instead of four ugh

la1118
by Laura on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Insure vs ensure
Their or there or they're

I know there are more, but can't think of them right now.
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:09 AM
I can be hard on myself for spelling or grammar errors but I don't put that expectation on others. What bothers me is when it's done on a professional paper, commercials, or signs.
graycalico
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:42 AM
I hate that too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN