Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

When do you put gifts under the tree?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 4:40 AM
  • 70 Replies
??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 4:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strictmomhere
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 4:40 AM
Christmas eve
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 4:41 AM
Usually Xmas Eve. Saves the trouble of fighting with the kids about picking at the gifts.
earthangel1967
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM

For many years as the kids were growing up I put the gifts from US to them under the tree as soon as I got them, wrapped them immediately and put them under there. (santa gifts not until they were asleep xmas eve).

Then when they were done believe in santa we had a dog in the house and he would open ALL the gifts! So then I had to wait and put them out just before it was time to open them haha

Now our kids are grown and moved out and we have xmas not at our house so we just keep gifts in closet (we just have a tabletop tree) and bring them with us when its time to go.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

strictmomhere
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Same here

Quoting tifbrown: Usually Xmas Eve. Saves the trouble of fighting with the kids about picking at the gifts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Your so lucky lol

Quoting earthangel1967:

For many years as the kids were growing up I put the gifts from US to them under the tree as soon as I got them, wrapped them immediately and put them under there. (santa gifts not until they were asleep xmas eve).

Then when they were done believe in santa we had a dog in the house and he would open ALL the gifts! So then I had to wait and put them out just before it was time to open them haha

Now our kids are grown and moved out and we have xmas not at our house so we just keep gifts in closet (we just have a tabletop tree) and bring them with us when its time to go.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starfire59
by New Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:20 AM

As soon as I can get them wrapped.

strictmomhere
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Oh cool

Quoting starfire59:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:31 AM

not sure what we will do. we've done it both ways. the tree goes in the basement and DH is the only one that spends any real time down there, so they would be safe if we put them down early

lunyuny
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:32 AM
This year it is as wrapped.
starfire59
by New Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I had 6 kids and raised my 3 nephews so it made more sense to do it as I got gifts. That way I didn't have a closet full of gifts and I didn't have to hide stuff. Now life is much easier they're all grown and have families of their own and I don't have to worry about hiding things anymore! lol!

Quoting strictmomhere: Oh cool

Quoting starfire59:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)