Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Can Jealousy Ever Be Good for Your Relationship?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM
  • 54 Replies

When you see someone flirting with your partner, do you get possessive or are you flattered by the attention your spouse attracts? Is there such a thing as "healthy jealousy?"

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Healthy jealousy?  No, I dont feel flattered.

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I agree.

Quoting Madelaine:

Healthy jealousy?  No, I dont feel flattered.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM

No. I don't believe that jealousy is ever healthy in a relationship. I could not be with a man that was constantly jealous, it would drive me away.

GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Jealousy can be a terrible thing if it's extreme. 

Kmakksmom
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I've never been jealous.
sukainah
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:18 PM

For some reason my computer wouldn't let me watch the whole video, but I think a little jealousy is fine.  But I married outside my culture and our religion is strict with men and women mingling.  But because of the culture, my DH is rather strict more than jealous and I don't really like that.  I used to have a few guy friends and he doesn't want me to have them, even if he is with me if they came over.  It's hard sometimes, because here, we have men and women friendships.

brittany208
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:07 PM

i think its healthy for people to get a little jealous/angry in the right situations. i wouldnt want someone to be jealous for no reason, but it wouldnt be good for them to not care if you went and did whatever you wanted, either.

TerriC
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I am not a jealous person at all.  Neither is DH. 

Lizzys_mommy13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I get jealous with my relationship easily. I'll admit it. With some of the past things I have had happen, I get super jealous if someone starts giving my husband attention I don't approve of. I've experienced women that don't just stop with harmless flirting and go after a man just because he is married and they want to see if they can take him. I've been around other women that just don't give a darn whether the man is in a relationship or not so long as they can get their kicks in. 
It is a compliment that others find my husband just as attractive as I do, but there are boundaries that it seems several people like to try and cross.  

dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Honestly, I think that a little jealousy is normal. It's when the person gets over possessive and controlling that it's out of control.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement