Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do You Have a Favorite Calendar?

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 67 Replies

I am staring at it right now...it is fresh and clean and just waiting to be filled with stuff. I'm talking about my 2014 planner. It is totally old school-paper, with ringed binder. It is the same brand, same layout I've had for at least the last seven years. Before that, I had a black refillable planner that I had for 10 years until they stopped making the refills pages I liked.

Yes, I love my paper calendar, but my husband tells me I should get with the 21st century and just go to an online calendar. Put everything on the Apple iCal, so I can have it at my fingertips on my phone. Granted, I do put a lot on there, especially stuff he needs to see and know about as well. It's really handy to check and see what is coming up right as I listen to Lorde singing "Royals," but there is just something about writing it down and seeing it on paper.

I know, I know, it's time for me to ditch the paper version of the planner. You would think since I love organization and apps so much, I'd be all over some of the fabulous calendar apps they have available. But I just haven't found one that works, that seems to fit all of my needs.

It's a daunting task, trying to decide how -- and by what means -- to keep track of everything that makes up our days, week, months, years. What about you? Do you use a paper calendar/planner? Do you have it on the computer?

Share what kind of calendar planner you use...it may help me discover my ideal new way to keep tabs on my days!

©iStockphoto.com/Robert Churchill

by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I use the one on my phone :)

johnny4ever
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Yes!I keep everything on it to help!It is a big paper one

goddess99
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:20 AM

For my own personal everyday use I only use a paper monthly academic calendar. It goes with me almost everywhere.

brittany208
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM

i dont. we dont usually have that many things planned in advance, so i can usually just remember

mrswillie
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:50 AM
For the most part I use my calendar in my Kindle but I could not live without the one that hangs on my closet door. It is a regular hanging wall calendar but each month has a pocket to hold paperwork. I love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liveforever
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:00 AM

My dd makes me one. She started doing it last year. It a blank calendar template and she draws all of the pictures.

la1118
by Laura on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:02 AM
I use my phone and also Outlook at work. I print out the school's daily menu and will jot notes on it, too.
virginiamama71
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I try to remember everything.

momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:32 AM

No just any one will do

elasmimi
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:41 AM

We get a couple from church/school every year. It has the combined calendar, plus Saints feast days, special church occasions. Don't know what I'd do w/o it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN