Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do You Have a Favorite Calendar?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am staring at it right now...it is fresh and clean and just waiting to be filled with stuff. I'm talking about my 2014 planner. It is totally old school-paper, with ringed binder. It is the same brand, same layout I've had for at least the last seven years. Before that, I had a black refillable planner that I had for 10 years until they stopped making the refills pages I liked.

Yes, I love my paper calendar, but my husband tells me I should get with the 21st century and just go to an online calendar. Put everything on the Apple iCal, so I can have it at my fingertips on my phone. Granted, I do put a lot on there, especially stuff he needs to see and know about as well. It's really handy to check and see what is coming up right as I listen to Lorde singing "Royals," but there is just something about writing it down and seeing it on paper.

I know, I know, it's time for me to ditch the paper version of the planner. You would think since I love organization and apps so much, I'd be all over some of the fabulous calendar apps they have available. But I just haven't found one that works, that seems to fit all of my needs.

It's a daunting task, trying to decide how -- and by what means -- to keep track of everything that makes up our days, week, months, years. What about you? Do you use a paper calendar/planner? Do you have it on the computer?

Share what kind of calendar planner you use...it may help me discover my ideal new way to keep tabs on my days!

©iStockphoto.com/Robert Churchill

by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (61-67):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I have one I hang on the wall. For the last two years it's had pictures of Yorkies on it. (We have two of the cute little buggers) I'm the only one who really uses it, since I'm the family social secretary. LOL... I used to have a 'Franklin' planner that my Dad got me at one time. I have also used one by Levenger that I really like. Since I'm not in school and the kids are pretty much past having a butt load of activities (They can keep track of their own stuff now) I've gone back to the wall calendar. :) If I go back to school again like I want to, I will pull out my Levenger one again and get a new refill for it.

sunshinepraying
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:47 PM
I haven't tried using Siri to do it. I should try it

Quoting alliesmom112:

Quoting sunshinepraying: I used to the paper kind, but after dh bought me an iPhone, I've used the calendar on there instead since. I love how I can sync it with my husband and mom so they know what's going on and I don't have to review it with them. Plus, I always have it with me since it is on my phone, so I can just put the appt in the phone when I make it at the doctors

i LOVE LOVE LOVE my iPhone calendar. It sinks to my mac and my ipad and to dh's phone. I also love that instead of typing things in I can just tell Siri. 

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

It makes life much easier when I am driving or right in the middle of something I can just tell siri the day and time and it will be on my calendar 

Quoting sunshinepraying: I haven't tried using Siri to do it. I should try it

Quoting alliesmom112:

Quoting sunshinepraying: I used to the paper kind, but after dh bought me an iPhone, I've used the calendar on there instead since. I love how I can sync it with my husband and mom so they know what's going on and I don't have to review it with them. Plus, I always have it with me since it is on my phone, so I can just put the appt in the phone when I make it at the doctors

i LOVE LOVE LOVE my iPhone calendar. It sinks to my mac and my ipad and to dh's phone. I also love that instead of typing things in I can just tell Siri. 

jazi1105
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:03 PM
I use the one on my phone, but really need to get a wall one so I can remember all of the appts coming up
slw123
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I like my paper calendar.
earthangel1967
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:57 AM

PIcking out a new yearly wall calendar with pictures or inspirations or something that both me and my husband will smile just looking at each morning is a fun new year ritual for us. 

This year we picked out together (because of our love and obsession of animals and never tire of seeing them) this calendar we are excited about. 

Last year we had Zen photography and inspirational quotes. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

sarahjz
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I'd never be able to ditch the paper planner.  I love it too much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)