Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Is It OK to Secretly Snoop on Our Kids? (Part 2)

Posted by   + Show Post

We're always scared about what our kids might be sharing on social media and whether they're making healthy choices when we're not around. In this episode, Parenting Expert and Life Coach Harriet Cole shows us how social media can be a useful tool for parents, even when our kids de-friend us!

by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Replies (41-50):
goddess99
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 8:10 PM

It's Microsoft's own parental control. So if you have that you can sign up to receive those emails.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting goddess99:

My dd has a laptop and I get weekly emails that show me every site she was on, every site she tried that was blocked, every search, even partial words. Plus we look through her laptop and get all her passwords. She knows we do this, no secrets here.

do you know how I can sign up for the e-mail thing?

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Thank you!!!

Quoting goddess99:

It's Microsoft's own parental control. So if you have that you can sign up to receive those emails.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting goddess99:

My dd has a laptop and I get weekly emails that show me every site she was on, every site she tried that was blocked, every search, even partial words. Plus we look through her laptop and get all her passwords. She knows we do this, no secrets here.

Desirae1394
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 10:38 PM

:( prayers 

Quoting RobynS:

My kids aren't old enough to require snooping, but I have a great-niece who is headed for trouble (both of her parents are, well... don't get me started). She visited me over xmas and forgot to log out of her Twitter account and you can BET I am snooping on her! (I can still access my account from a different browser, so it works!! :))

The hard part is how to feed the necessary info to someone who can help (she lives in a different city) without giving away how I'm getting the info.

I'm so scared for her!!

Desirae1394
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Interestig! Thanks!

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting goddess99:

Desirae1394
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Quoting ablackdolphin: My kids are too young but we alteady monitor what they can see onlune or on tv

Same here

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 11:09 PM

No problem =)

Quoting Desirae1394:

Interestig! Thanks!

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting goddess99:

gamermom81
by New Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 2:21 AM
It's called parenting...kids require supervision
alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:44 PM

My dd is not really old enog for me to snoop on yet but yes I will snoop on her when she is older. 

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Quoting gamermom81: It's called parenting...kids require supervision

YES!!!

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:46 PM

I will be praying too. 

Quoting Desirae1394:

:( prayers 

Quoting RobynS:

My kids aren't old enough to require snooping, but I have a great-niece who is headed for trouble (both of her parents are, well... don't get me started). She visited me over xmas and forgot to log out of her Twitter account and you can BET I am snooping on her! (I can still access my account from a different browser, so it works!! :))

The hard part is how to feed the necessary info to someone who can help (she lives in a different city) without giving away how I'm getting the info.

I'm so scared for her!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)