Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Is It OK to Secretly Snoop on Our Kids? (Part 2)

Posted by   + Show Post

We're always scared about what our kids might be sharing on social media and whether they're making healthy choices when we're not around. In this episode, Parenting Expert and Life Coach Harriet Cole shows us how social media can be a useful tool for parents, even when our kids de-friend us!

by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Replies (51-55):
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 1:49 PM

That is so true.  Even I have accidentally ended up places I didn't want to be doing perfectly innocent things. 

Quoting elasmimi:

They are never to young to need supervision online. Even looking for perfectly innocent things can wind up being dangerous sites.

alemey
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 10:15 PM
NO
smartmom481
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Of course it is OK to snoop on your kids! They key is to TELL THEM you do it at an early age - well before they CARE. No secret required! They should already be used to you in their drawers, backpacks, etc. Let them know that privacy is earned in degrees as they grow in age and maturity.
RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Thank you! They are much-needed. I have learned that she's considering having sex, she's drinking, and she's smoking. I am so, so sad and scared for her.

Quoting Desirae1394:

:( prayers 

Quoting RobynS:

My kids aren't old enough to require snooping, but I have a great-niece who is headed for trouble (both of her parents are, well... don't get me started). She visited me over xmas and forgot to log out of her Twitter account and you can BET I am snooping on her! (I can still access my account from a different browser, so it works!! :))

The hard part is how to feed the necessary info to someone who can help (she lives in a different city) without giving away how I'm getting the info.

I'm so scared for her!!

Desirae1394
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Ugh. NOT good. :( 

Quoting RobynS:

Thank you! They are much-needed. I have learned that she's considering having sex, she's drinking, and she's smoking. I am so, so sad and scared for her.

Quoting Desirae1394:

:( prayers 

Quoting RobynS:

My kids aren't old enough to require snooping, but I have a great-niece who is headed for trouble (both of her parents are, well... don't get me started). She visited me over xmas and forgot to log out of her Twitter account and you can BET I am snooping on her! (I can still access my account from a different browser, so it works!! :))

The hard part is how to feed the necessary info to someone who can help (she lives in a different city) without giving away how I'm getting the info.

I'm so scared for her!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN