Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What Are the Questions You Should Ask Someone Before You Marry Them?

Posted by   + Show Post

We all know the big issues we have to cover when we're courting, but what are the little nit-picky questions we should ask before we get married? Ericka Souter, editor from The Stir, is here to talk about those little details of life that can make a big difference in your marriage!

by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Replies (21-30):
kellynh
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 7:41 PM

I tease real didnt ask a ton of questions like these

TheJerseyGirl
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Lol that's what I was going to say. If men would only listen to him!

Quoting jessicasmom1:

thank you! hahahhahaah Chuck . Just agree in life and things can go easier... 

goddess99
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:18 PM

I asked my dh all the important questions. I knew we would get along and enjoy life together and we do.

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:30 PM

I would discuss credit scores, debt and if you want children or not :)

Charizma77
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:51 PM

I think kids is a big one

Miranda1127
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:58 PM

bathroom time??? Really? Who asks someone something like that? Better yet. who doesn't know that info about an SO anyway? There are certain things you observe about someone. There is no need to ASK questions like bathroom time and how often will your parents visit.

I totally agree w/ Chuck there are certain basics (personality and behavioral traits) you need to look for...to evaluate. The rest is just trivial stuff.

psych_mom
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:44 PM

While it is important to ask questions it is just as important to watch how the person interacts with people they have known a long time. It is easy to know the right answers, but hard to fake authentic interaction.

sanj1213
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Us too. Only difference is I was 23. 

Quoting Bubbie0809:

I honestly jumped in to marriage at 20 without any thought to any specific questions. We just learned and grew as we went along.

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I agree with Joanie that the more time you spend with somebody and the more you talk and hang out, the more you won't have to ask all these little questions because you will know the anwers.

lalasmama2007
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:53 PM

I've never been married, but my SO has told me way more than I wanted/needed to know...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN