Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What Are the Questions You Should Ask Someone Before You Marry Them?

Posted by   + Show Post

We all know the big issues we have to cover when we're courting, but what are the little nit-picky questions we should ask before we get married? Ericka Souter, editor from The Stir, is here to talk about those little details of life that can make a big difference in your marriage!

by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Replies (31-40):
Bob192
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 1:46 AM

I think money is the big one!  That is what most people fight about and we all handle it differently.

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:33 AM
I can't see the video.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:04 AM

We were best friends before we started dating so we talked about anything and everything. I knew his stance on kids, money, working, religion, politics, etc. We're highly compatible.

DNewman
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:18 AM

I think knowing each other for a longer period of time. We new each other for a coupkle years before getting married! Communicating and seeing each other in different circumstances through out the year helps!

EmptyNestMama
by Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 9:10 AM

We discussed a lot of things, esp about finances and kids. Also, how our families would blend, as we were very different!! 

jen113000
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 10:31 AM
We talked about children for sure. That was important to me.
elasmimi
by on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Glad they fixed the video. All pretty good points, but the thing I wish we had talked more about was household responsibilities and discipline styles with kids.

arpazia
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 12:17 PM
All pretty good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sukainah
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 5:15 PM

My DH and I met online and lived in different countries, so all we did was chat online and have a phone call every now and then.  We both asked a lot of questions about family and what did we want for the future, did we want kids right away, where will we live, what do we expect from one another etc...Still, there were surprises LOL.  I loved his answers that he gave me, and was impressed with his confidence but that wasn't quite how it turned out.  And same goes for him too.  Marriage is really hard.

jazi1105
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 6:52 PM
tfs
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)