Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Pregnant Texas Woman Taken Off Life Support

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:32 AM
  • 42 Replies

Why oh why do people have to keep suing the hospitals to do as they wish with their loves ones. Here is another sad story: http://gma.yahoo.com/pregnant-texas-woman-taken-off-life-support-195417004.html

What do you think? Did this hospital have a right to force this family to keep her on life support?

by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarahjz
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Sad situation, and a really difficult decision to make.  I feel for all involved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:38 AM
I'm glad they took her off life support. She never wanted to be kept on life support yet because she was pregnant the doctors put her on life support and refused to take her off of it. She was without oxygen for over a hour according to an article I read and the baby was shown to have issues according to an article my sister read. Why force a family to have the baby that is going to have issues?
chattycassie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I agree. This is ridiculous that a family had to sue to get what she wanted.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm glad they took her off life support. She never wanted to be kept on life support yet because she was pregnant the doctors put her on life support and refused to take her off of it. She was without oxygen for over a hour according to an article I read and the baby was shown to have issues according to an article my sister read. Why force a family to have the baby that is going to have issues?

graycalico
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:21 AM
I think unless she specifically stated what she would want if she were pregnant than we can't know. It's a really sad story
chrissydan
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Such a hard thing to go through. I think in this case her wishes should have been met of there was no way she could live. Outside of intervention
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kerryket
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:09 AM
I was happy to hear her family could finally let them go, as all wished it to be.
kellynh
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I believe life begins at conception, therefore I think the hospital did the right thing. I think the babies life outweighs the mom. I can't imagine a mom specifically stating, "if I'm brain dead, don't attempt to save the baby" 

I would not want to be on life support, BUT if I was pg.. I'd want to be kept on machines until delivery. Miracles do happen.

I think because of this, everyone should have a talk with their spouse on this specifically. 

ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Why does the medical prof think they can force care in people ugh its like having a baby at the hosp they can do anything they want to you and your baby and there isnt much you can do i was a hostage of the pedi and my baby was more than fine she didn't like that i was pumping at the hosp and wouldn't release us
ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 7:24 AM
This case is sad all the way around
chattycassie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2014 at 8:49 AM

I get that you think life begins at conception. I agree with that though,  However why would one life be more important than the other?

Quoting kellynh:

I believe life begins at conception, therefore I think the hospital did the right thing. I think the babies life outweighs the mom. I can't imagine a mom specifically stating, "if I'm brain dead, don't attempt to save the baby" 

I would not want to be on life support, BUT if I was pg.. I'd want to be kept on machines until delivery. Miracles do happen.

I think because of this, everyone should have a talk with their spouse on this specifically. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)