Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Keurig

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:01 PM
  • 43 Replies
Do you have one?
Like it dislike?
Pros cons?

Thinking about getting one BUT I'm conflicted because I don't like the single serving cup idea all the time. I'd like to be able to make a full pot of coffee however there are days I'd like to have a diffrent flavor or hot coco for just me.

Any coffee maker suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la1118
by Laura on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:14 PM

We had a Keuring and loved it, but it had issues where it wouldn't dispense the water.  The model we had was a little older and I found some comments online that the processor chip was too close to the heating element and a lot of people had problems after about 1 year.  We now have the Cuisinart version that uses k-cups.  I love having the ability to just make a single cup whenever the mood strikes and it's always hot and fresh.  During the week we both work and only have time for 1 cup in the morning, so brewing a whole pot is pointless.  You can even get a little adapter thing if you like to grind your own beans, so there is a lot of flexibility and variety available.  They even make hot chocolate and tea k-cups.

Bottom line, I love mine.

liveforever
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:14 PM
We don't have one.
Dh is the only one who drinks coffee. He has a French press. He said its perfect since he only drinks a cup or 2 at a time.
Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Yes we have one, Yes I like it.. I dont drink coffee but you can make tea, hot chocolate, cappucino.. etc.. there are re useable K cups you can purchase and use your own coffe or whatever too...

I have found some other uses for it on pinterest.. Like making cup o noodles. you use the hot water from the kurig instead. Dh made a bag of ramen today with it. We also have a coffee maker too. I think the kurig is cool

Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:42 PM

apple cider too! I got french vanilla cappucino cups from walmart since im not a coffee drinker

Quoting la1118:

We had a Keuring and loved it, but it had issues where it wouldn't dispense the water.  The model we had was a little older and I found some comments online that the processor chip was too close to the heating element and a lot of people had problems after about 1 year.  We now have the Cuisinart version that uses k-cups.  I love having the ability to just make a single cup whenever the mood strikes and it's always hot and fresh.  During the week we both work and only have time for 1 cup in the morning, so brewing a whole pot is pointless.  You can even get a little adapter thing if you like to grind your own beans, so there is a lot of flexibility and variety available.  They even make hot chocolate and tea k-cups.

Bottom line, I love mine.

psych_mom
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:12 PM
We have one and love it. We make all kinds of beverages with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rissamom224
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:22 PM
I think they are great but I suggest you buy this little thing that goes in it so you dont have to buy individual coffee thingys.
They get expensive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:24 PM
We have one. My husband uses it not me. I don't drink coffee. He loves it though. He's a one cup a day kinda guy.
slw123
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:52 PM

We have one and we love it, but we are single cup people.  If you drink a lot of coffee, it would be way too pricey.  This is an option to not pick up DD or Starbucks for us.

Charizma77
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:52 PM

We  have one and I love it and use it often. We still use our coffee pot as well, but use our keurig more. I have nothing negative to say about it. 

lillucky8
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:56 PM

we dont have one but my mom does, it's nothing special to me because we dont drink coffee, i drink tea and my big plastic cup and microwave do the job just fine :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN