Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Heroes: Are Our Kids Worshipping the Right Ones?

Posted by   + Show Post

We had celebrity role models when we were kids, so when we see kids doing the same thing, how concerned should we be about the people they choose to idolize?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Replies (31-40):
TheBabyFactory4
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:14 AM
My kids don't idolize other people
Jukebox_Jenny
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
That's great!!

Quoting goddess99:

My dd has also mentioned his behavior lately and has said very similar to what your dd said.

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny: DD8 really liked Justin Bieber until she found out about his recent poor behavior. Then she informed that, "Well, I guess I don't need to like HIM anymore." I was very proud of her judgement.

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Not sure who my kids idolize...maybe Taylor Swift?

RADmomma
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:50 AM
She doesn't really idolize anyone. She's only 6.
sarahjz
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Yes, we should be concerned with who they idolize.  I don't remember having any real "heroes" when I was a teenager, just celebrities that I thought were cute.  >_<

slw123
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:09 PM
My kids are pretty grounded so I'm not overly concerned with them worshipping anyone. My daughter actually has disdain for celebrity worship.
copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:15 PM

I try not to let my people look up to famous people. Instead I try to make them look at local role models. People in our church or people we know who are serving our country :)

chattycassie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:30 PM
My children don't idolize actors or singers; they Idolize the people who deserve it like fireman and service men. :)
Kaci
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:20 PM
My son looked up to his older brothers
Kaci
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:21 PM
I think that's great!

Quoting slw123: My kids are pretty grounded so I'm not overly concerned with them worshipping anyone. My daughter actually has disdain for celebrity worship.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)