Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How Do You Catch Olympic Fever?

Posted by   + Show Post

Watching the Olympics together has the potential to be a great family bonding experience. But with the celebrity culture surrounding some sports today, it's hard to get kids excited about unknown athletes and unusual sports. How do you share your Olympic spirit with your kids? 

by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Replies (31-40):
kellynh
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Us either!! 

Quoting RobynS:

Honestly, we haven't really gotten into it. I'm not sure the kids even know it's time for the Olympics (DD doesn't even know what the Olympics are).

kellynh
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:24 PM

We are just not I to it. 

Quoting louannwilkins:

not really...

Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:25 PM

It kind of is boring to me LOL. I enjoy baseball. and thats really the only sport I can watch on tv and live as well LOL

Quoting kellynh:

I just can't watch them either 

Quoting Leelee1008:

honestly I am not a fan. I just cant seem to ever get into it

sukainah
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:40 PM

I tried to explain to my kids what it is tonight and turned it on for a bit and they just didn't seem interested, but I think just making them sit down and watch a specific sport that I think they may like and letting them see how hard these Olympians work to get where they are now.

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:36 PM

My dd doesn't really care about athletes unless their name is Peyton Manning, 

She is just excited to figure skating and snowboarding 

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Allie is the same way 

Quoting countrygirlkat:

My kids are so excited to watch and they don't need to know the athletes and their names to be excited, they just have to know who is going for the USA and they want them to win!

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Quoting Barabell: My son does winter sports, so he enjoys watching them on TV. We watch some of the Olympics. We are really looking forward to seeing the hockey games. We don't have cable, so I hope we will still see most of the Team USA games.

I hope he gets to watch some the games. I know my dd loves to watch to ballet and cheerleaders because "they're the same as here"

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd doesn't know what the Olympics are yet. She just knows she likes to watch the figure skaters and she likes to watch the snowboarders do tricks. 

Quoting RobynS:

Honestly, we haven't really gotten into it. I'm not sure the kids even know it's time for the Olympics (DD doesn't even know what the Olympics are).

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Quoting lalasmama2007:

My dd has liked watching the Olympics from a very young age.  We always watch together.

Allie has too. I remember her watching Gabby Douglas and trying to do the same tricks on the back of the couch. She wanted to be just like them 

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:46 PM

LOL I think that is why DD started getting excited about them because I was 

Quoting la_bella_vita:

My kid's are young, so when mommy is excited, they get excited, lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)