Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How Do You Catch Olympic Fever?

Posted by   + Show Post

Watching the Olympics together has the potential to be a great family bonding experience. But with the celebrity culture surrounding some sports today, it's hard to get kids excited about unknown athletes and unusual sports. How do you share your Olympic spirit with your kids? 

by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Replies (61-70):
kerryket
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:13 PM
I've been watching, they watched the opening ceremony with me, I keep talking about what I've seen so far and they've come in and watched some with me.

Right now the family is having a Beatles party with dh and friends, I put out some snacks that dd and dh picked up earlier, she picked out an Abbey Road t-shirt, too, can't compete with that, my daughter has been on a non-stop Beatles kick.
chattycassie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 2:10 PM
That moment makes me cry. I am so sensitive, when I hear our anthem play I just can't help it I well up with pride like they are my child. :)
sarahjz
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 5:20 PM

I haven't.  I'm not a sports fan.  :/

GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:47 AM
We don't really.
momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 1:18 PM
My 11 year old dd and I are always watching them.She is addicted!
kerryket
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 5:11 PM
I've had the events on every day since the opening ceremony, the kids have been coming through and checking out some stuff they've never watched before and getting interested the same way I am.
BoatDrinks
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:47 AM
Why take the time to let the world know "it's not your thing" or that you "can't get into it"? Why not just let those with relevant answers respond. That way we all don't have to read through your drivel to see actual answers.
LindaClement
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Sounds like lots of us don't watch...
not-the-momma
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:40 PM
DH and I watch regularly, but our kids only watch sometimes. I do think it is important for kids to see other young people working hard for a goal and how they deal with winning and losing.
LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 9:04 AM
We don't really watch
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)