Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What's Your Intimacy IQ?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you and your partner laugh together enough? Do you share absolutely everything or do you save some room for private thoughts? Sex and Relationship Expert Ian Kerner in here to see whether Andrew, Chuck, Joanie AND their spouses make the grade!

by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Replies (51-58):
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Have you tried The Love Dare?  It is nice because it is something you can do on your own without him even knowing and as it changes you he will most likely change without even knowing he is doing it. 

Quoting RobynS:

Thanks. I've tried to fix it, but it takes two and he just doesn't have relationship skills at ALL. He wants to ignore the problem and hope it goes away. *sigh*

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I am sorry to hear that.  Hugs.  I hpe things get better for you.

Quoting RobynS:

we don't really do any of those things together any more. We are SO far apart. :/

alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Quoting LindaClement:

I actually don't really agree with the items the 'expert' picked out as the key issues.

I don't think whether or not you fantasize about others is related to intimacy, anymore than how many times a week you're having at it... there are far more important aspects of mutual vulnerability and trust than gettin' it on, and who you're thinking about when you think about it.

How much you laugh together is a personality type issue --again, not what I think of as intimacy.

This is all kind of surfacy stuff, I don't think touches what real intimacy involves.

I agree. 

othermom
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 6:00 PM
thanks for sharing
RobynS
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't heard of that one, but I've tried just about everything else. I can't imagine anything that would make him communicate with me. After all these years, he is still like a deer in headlights when I try to have a real conversation with him. :( Thank you, though--I'll look into it.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Have you tried The Love Dare?  It is nice because it is something you can do on your own without him even knowing and as it changes you he will most likely change without even knowing he is doing it. 

Quoting RobynS:

Thanks. I've tried to fix it, but it takes two and he just doesn't have relationship skills at ALL. He wants to ignore the problem and hope it goes away. *sigh*

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I am sorry to hear that.  Hugs.  I hpe things get better for you.

Quoting RobynS:

we don't really do any of those things together any more. We are SO far apart. :/

Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Yes we laugh together alot.

Jadade
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Very interesting!!!
conweis
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:00 PM
TFS
letstalk747
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:47 PM
i agree , slow down
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)