Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

You hung THAT on your wall?!

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:18 AM
  • 31 Replies

DD is only one so she doesn't make us much artwork, but our niece is 8 and she likes to draw so once in a while we get pictures from her and they immediately get hung on our wall (we have an awkard wall with the security panel and a phone jack).  

People comment that it's weird we hang up artwork, but I like it.  Not only does it show that we value our family.

What do you do with artwork from your kids?

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chattycassie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:32 AM

I have some on the fridge and some on the wall. Just the paper I LOVE showing off what my kids can do and I have an entire wall I use for it. :)

othermom
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM

All over the fridge, their doors and a few are in the hall way. They ask if we will and we say yes

JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's weird that people think hanging up your kids art is weird! 

We aren't to that point yet with DS, but I will surely hang it up! We have a great wall in the kitchen that would work for that.

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I always hung up their artwork.  I loved it!

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:52 AM
I bought a 20x16 frame and rotate my dd's artwork every month. I have it hanging right near the door so everyone who comes in sees it right away. I love it. Plus there is artwork on the fridge, the standup freezer and my pantry door.
Stephanie116
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:38 PM
It's not weird, but I only display stuff on the fridge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Most of what is in our living room was done by our children.. some early drawings and paintings and collages, later photography.

conweis
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:54 PM

... most of it goes in the drawer but my kids still get their art work on the wall.

proudmommy690
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:13 PM
I put them on the fridge
PinkButterfly66
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Yeah, I have an oil painting of Monet's Japanese bridge that  my daughter painted when she was 7.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)