Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are your kids in any sports?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:07 AM
  • 27 Replies
If so, what age did they start and what are they in?

My dh wants our oldest (will be 4 in August) to start soccer or tball this fall. That seems early to me, but maybe I'm behind!
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Youngest is doing basketball and soccer she started at age 4. Oldest did dance from age 3 to age 5, now she does cheer. Both girls will do tennis and volleyball this summer and soccer next month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:35 PM

1 in football, 2 soccer

cemcnair
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 1:00 PM
So it's fairly common to start them at 4?

Quoting lapcounter: Youngest is doing basketball and soccer she started at age 4. Oldest did dance from age 3 to age 5, now she does cheer. Both girls will do tennis and volleyball this summer and soccer next month.
cemcnair
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Are you nervous when they play?

Quoting GypsiSky:

1 in football, 2 soccer

lapcounter
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 1:01 PM
It is in our area.

Quoting cemcnair: So it's fairly common to start them at 4?

Quoting lapcounter: Youngest is doing basketball and soccer she started at age 4. Oldest did dance from age 3 to age 5, now she does cheer. Both girls will do tennis and volleyball this summer and soccer next month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Where are you from (generally)?

Quoting lapcounter: It is in our area.

lapcounter
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 1:11 PM
Kansas, Oklahoma our kids play sports in both states.

Quoting cemcnair: Where are you from (generally)?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Pretty close to me (Arkansas). I guess when I was a kid, organized sports didn't start until kindergarten. But I guess if it's available...

Quoting lapcounter: Kansas, Oklahoma our kids play sports in both states.

Quoting cemcnair: Where are you from (generally)?

Mom2jngnc
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 1:17 PM

My 3 youngest sons started soccer once they were old enough. You have to be 4 by August 1st for our program. They were fall babies. They all love it.

Currently: the 4 youngest are in soccer (fall and spring as a rec. program); then the 3 younger boys are signed up for baseball. My niece wants to do baseball so bad, but her biological Mom is being a pain. Wonder if she's going to be a pain when I give her a bill for babysitting fees. If she thinks I am going to listen to "IT's not fair" when I am stuck at 3 sets of games and practices Sun to TH she has another thing coming. 

highlandmum
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Yes.

DD16 - is a dancer has been since 4, she also plays rugby as of last year before that she played high school football (only girl on the team)

DD14 - is also a dancer again since 4.  She also does track and has since she was 10, her specialty is the 400 meter and the 800 meter, she also wants to try the 1,600 meter.

DS8 - plays hockey both winter and spring.  He started skating at 3 and first year hockey was age 4.  He also plays box lacrosse and wants to try for the rep team this year.  I am hesitant as he plays rep hockey and really would like him to just do a sport for fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement