Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are your kids in any sports?

Posted by   + Show Post
If so, what age did they start and what are they in?

My dh wants our oldest (will be 4 in August) to start soccer or tball this fall. That seems early to me, but maybe I'm behind!
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Replies (21-27):
othermom
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:16 AM

My son is in football and he loves it, he started at 9. My daughter is 8 and wants to try soccer this year. She did gymnastics a few years ago

slw123
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:52 AM

4 is when the kids start playing soccer here.  It is hilarious to watch the 4 year olds play, they run all over the place, they lay on the ground and pick at the grass, etc. 

My kids actually started sports at 5.  This year they are taking a break from soccer.  They do a kids bootcamp at the Y and they swim on the swim team, plus my daughter is in a running club.

ceciliam
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:19 AM

My son started with soccer when he was 4 and also did basketball. Now he has 8 and settled on wrestling.

Most sport programs start as young as 4 now.

jen113000
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:52 PM
My oldest played soccer at 4. Has been in karate since 5. And switched to baseball last year. So no more soccer. Youngest will be playing tball this spring and he's 4.
liveforever
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Dd isn't really into sports. Shes 7 now and starts ice skating lessons this week. She wants to learn to figure skate after she gets through the basics.
brittany208
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:53 PM

not yet. i want to sign DS up for tball this summer when he's 5.

chrissydan
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:33 AM
Not yet since she is only 1 but hopefully dance
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)