Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do you wear an engagement ring?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:14 AM
  • 66 Replies

If you don't wear one, why not?

If you do, did you help pick it out or did he surprise you?

Have a picture to share?

I wear one and he surprised me with it.

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maries_Mom23
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:18 AM

No pics on the computer, but I did pick it out.  I worked at a jewelry store in the mall before I met him.  We were at the mall one day and we stopped in to say hello to my old coworkers.  I went to one side to speak to the ladies and he went to say hello to Brad.  About 5 minutes later, Brad called my name.  I went over there and he had out a thing of rings (maybe 6 or 7) and asked which one was my favorite.  I picked one and DH told him "Well Brad, it may need sized."  Brad measured my finger, said he agrees and that DH could pick it up next week.  I'm still sitting there in shock.  So, DH looked at me, apologized for not having the right size, but said he wanted me to have the ring I wanted and asked me to marry him.  Right there.  Both of us in jeans and a t-shirt, hanging out at the mall...LOL.  It's just a simple 1/4 carat diamond ring, but, I love it.  

Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:19 AM
When i remember. Df actually locked it in the gun safe for some reason.

No pics on my phone, but i did pick it out
liveforever
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:24 AM

I wear mine everyday.

I love your ring! Its simple but has pretty details on the band! Im not big on over the top jewelry. Dh knows and did good when he picked mine out and surprised me with it.

sarahjz
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:24 AM

I don't.  I wash  my hands a lot, throughout the day, and it is bulky, and water gets trapped under it.  I only wear it on special occasions.

JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Yep. I never take my engagement or wedding rings off. My first engagement ring got broken, so I did help pick this set out. It looks a lot like liveforever's set, actually. :) 

jen113000
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:54 AM
I wear my engagement ring and wedding ring. I never take them off. He picked out my engagement ring. I picked out my wedding ring.
cemcnair
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:08 AM

Mobile Photo

I wear mine (and my wedding band) everyday. He picked them. They are exactly what I would've picked anyway. He knows me well.
cemcnair
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:09 AM
Very pretty :)
I like the detail on the band.

Quoting soccer_mom1999:

If you don't wear one, why not?

If you do, did you help pick it out or did he surprise you?

Have a picture to share?

I wear one and he surprised me with it.

cemcnair
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Nice! I like the bands that have diamonds in them.

Quoting liveforever:

I wear mine everyday.

I love your ring! Its simple but has pretty details on the band! Im not big on over the top jewelry. Dh knows and did good when he picked mine out and surprised me with it.

sjenkins8208
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Mobile Photo

I wear mine pretty much everyday. My finger feels "naked" without it now. I love your band
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)