Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are You a Cool Mom or an Old School Mom? (Part II)

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:56 PM
  • 53 Replies

Joanie is again joined by Johanna Torres from Qué Más along with Ericka Soúter and Mary Fisher from The Stir. They're here to discuss how they balance their responsibilities as parents with their desire to be loved by their kids. They cover everything from talking to their kids about sex to the pressures they feel from other moms!

by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceciliam
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:08 PM

I think I am both depending on the situation.

Mom2jngnc
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 1:32 PM

I am more old school, but it does depend on the situation

Lizzys_mommy13
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:53 PM

I loved this video! 
I try to be fun, but I want structure as well. My kids will know that we can have fun together, but that there will also be punishments for rules broken. Fun is also good clean fun. We don't do things at 4 and 1 meant for teenagers.  

MommaDennis
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:43 PM
I am old school. That is how I was raised and I am glad I was. My mom was my best friend. She just recently died. I am so glad she raised me the way she did.
Apr1l
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Old school ftw
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saucy1
by Kristina on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:35 PM
I'm old school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:39 PM

I have always been old school. My kids hated it, but I have to follow my conscience.

krys1025
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:39 PM
I try to have fun with my kids but they still have to know they have to be respectful, follow rules, etc. I guess I'm in between.
Bob192
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Moms can be very judgmental, but I think you have to be strong and do what you think is best for your kids.  I do think kids are getting more and more freedom and maturing so much earlier.

Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:17 AM

I am a cool mom no matter what other "moms" think. I think right now we just have to be confident in our own decisions. 

Most of the "heat" I get is from family members...my sister, mother, inlaws, etc...

I think I do have some traditional "old school" mom ideas, but I meet in the middle. 

I am anti-sleepover for my child, but if he wants to have a sleepover I am open to it. He just will not be going to any himself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)