Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are You A "Good" Sports Wife?

Posted by   + Show Post

It's 24-7, 365 days a year. There's always some sort of sporty-season happening on any given day, right? Football season, basketball season, hockey season, baseball season - it's a constant year-round smorgasbord of fun for the sports fan.

Here in our abode, the whole "sport fan life" isn't so bad. My husband likes watching sports of any kind. Football, tennis, golf, baseball, basketball, soccer, curling - he just loves a good game. He has a few fantasty football teams, but, over the years, with the arrival of Kiddo and just the busier aspects of life, well, Sunday football isn't as high of a priority anymore.

His main "sports fanatic" moments on the calendar? He loves to watch whenever his Chicago teams are on (White Sox for baseball, Bears for football, Bulls for basketball). But, perhaps, the most obsessed he gets is when watching his Syracuse Orange basketball team. Yeah, as we head into college basketball's biggie, the NCAA March Madness (it kicks off next week), it's one of the main times where he and the TV are both more-than-a-tad preoccupied.

I have to say, I'm a pretty good "sports wife." I don't mind watching. I follow along. I've been a part of football pools at my former job and even had a fantasy football team or two in the past. Granted, he's not as into it as some husbands I know, so, for that, I'm thankful. He often chuckles at the commentary I may give on the uniforms or hairstyles or the coaches' choice of ties. One thing he would change: he'd love it if Kiddo were more into watching with him. It's tough...she likes it, but it isn't a love of hers. So what do they do? He watches while playing Sorry! or creating a LEGO Eiffel Tower with her. 

How does watching sports in your home work -- do you like it? Does the whole family get involved or just your husband?

©iStockphoto.com/ MaksiMages                 

by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-51):
Mom2jngnc
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:06 AM

It depends. 
Really we baseball (Yankees) and football people.
Yankees we watch as often as possible during the season.
Football we watch whatever the Sunday game is.
Once in awhile he will pause on golf. Once in awhile he will watch a SOccer game.
We all watch baseball and football. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)