Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Ice Cream that bites back!

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:06 AM
  • 27 Replies

So, I'll confess, I ate 1/3-1/2 of a tub of ice cream. I've been really stressed recently. Anyways, now - I have this raw burning feeling on my tongue. The length of it! It hurts pretty bad, like maybe a 3-4 for pain on a 1-10 scale.

I guess I now have a love/hate relationship with what I once only had love for!

Have you done anything silly(like eating too much ice cream) that caused you pain recently?

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Ouch, that sucks,

I burned my tounge the other day drinking coffee

Saucy1
by Kristina on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:41 AM
I had spaghetti last night and my throat was burning from the garlic and oregano.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momma2013
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Hot you expect, not ice cream! :) 

Quoting othermom:

Ouch, that sucks,

I burned my tounge the other day drinking coffee

Momma2013
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Oh wow, I'd think garlic and oregano would be even safer. Do you make it from scratch? 

Quoting Saucy1: I had spaghetti last night and my throat was burning from the garlic and oregano.

Saucy1
by Kristina on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
No it wasn't from scratch. I have acid reflux. Too much garlic and oregano trigger it. I can't help eating spaghetti though, it's so good.

Quoting Momma2013:

Oh wow, I'd think garlic and oregano would be even safer. Do you make it from scratch? 

Quoting Saucy1: I had spaghetti last night and my throat was burning from the garlic and oregano.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chattycassie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:22 PM

When I eat tortilla ships too fast and jam them in the roof on my mouth OUCH

liveforever
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:25 PM
When I was like 12 I really overdid it on Warheads (those sour candies). It made the top layer of my tongue turn white, it hurt so bad! Then that whole top layer came completely off. It was gross and painful...lesson learned!
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM

I do that with sour candy a lot. I hate the after effect but it is so yummy I just can't help it lol.

Momma2013
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:11 PM

I'm afraid of that. I use to chew warheads through the wrapper. I just couldn't handle them fullstrength. Or, I'd rinse off all the sour and eat the candy left. :) 

Quoting liveforever: When I was like 12 I really overdid it on Warheads (those sour candies). It made the top layer of my tongue turn white, it hurt so bad! Then that whole top layer came completely off. It was gross and painful...lesson learned!

Momma2013
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:11 PM

That hurts so bad! 

Quoting chattycassie:

When I eat tortilla ships too fast and jam them in the roof on my mouth OUCH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN