Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Inappropriate song lyrics

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:20 PM
  • 43 Replies

So on the way to work yesterday morning a morning show was talking about the lyrics our kids sing that make us cringe. For me my 11 y/o was singing Bruno Mars Gorilla. How about you any song that made you look at your child and go HOLY CRAP I did not know it was THAT bad until it come out of your mouth?

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrissydan
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:18 PM
My dd doesn't talk yet but Se try to listen too her Age music
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:48 PM

LOL  I'm sure I probably did when the boys were small.  None pops into my head right now although my 4 year old granddaughter was singing all the single ladies and dancing the other day.  I thought OMG I'm SO not ready for this from you little girl!!  LOL  :)

chattycassie
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:54 PM

LMAO when my niece was younger she use to sing :it's getting hot in here so take off all your clothes"

Quoting louannwilkins:

LOL  I'm sure I probably did when the boys were small.  None pops into my head right now although my 4 year old granddaughter was singing all the single ladies and dancing the other day.  I thought OMG I'm SO not ready for this from you little girl!!  LOL  :)

corpswife523
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Not yet, we listen to mostly country.. The worse thing it talks about is heart break, cheating and alcoholism. Lol
louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:06 PM

OMG!  LOL  Trust me Breana would sing that to the top of her lungs if she heard it a time or two!  LOL   :)

Quoting chattycassie:

LMAO when my niece was younger she use to sing :it's getting hot in here so take off all your clothes"

Quoting louannwilkins:

ajohnson08099
by Alyssa on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Lol not yet
.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:13 PM

my kids are young and we don't listen to any songs that would really be bad. but when I was a kid I used to sing along to the offspring and nirvana...

cemcnair
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Mine are still pretty young, but I remember singing "digging up bones" by randy Travis as a kid. I had no clue what the song was actually about, lol!
HotSouthernMess
I just looove hearing how pretty I USED to be...ya know, BEFORE I gained weight. =/
Yesterday at 10:39 AM
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:14 PM
We don't listen to music that we wouldn't want them singing so we haven't had an issue like that.
kerryket
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
We just have to laugh about it, it's out there and they're going to hear it so we talk and they know what, where and when things are appropriate.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)