Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How would you feel about your SO buying a street bike?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:57 PM
  • 19 Replies
Dh wants to buy a street bike. By street bike, I mean a motorcycle. I'm really torn about it. Part of me is really freaked out about his safety, but another part of me thinks it actually makes sense. Right now dh and I share a car so most of the time dd and I are stuck at home without transportation. Dh also commutes about 30 minutes to work 5 or 6 days out of the week so even though we drive a pretty gas efficient car it's still costing a lot, if dh were driving a street bike to work it would save us a lot of cash. I also want to find myself some part time work but without a car it's not going to happen. Buying a second car is just out of the question financially for us right now but he could get a good bike for less then $1000.
What would you do?
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
conweis
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Do what you think is best.
I would probably laugh my butt off trying to see my SO get on a motorcycle.

Linds2Horse
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:24 PM
My DH broke his neck on a street bike, had two surgeries and a rod inserted so if think he was really stupid to try it again.
graycalico
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:25 PM
No motorcycles for us. My so witnessed a man lose a leg during a crash on one. No thanks.
Saucy1
by Kristina on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I've witnessed 3 motorcycles wrecks. I have an uncle that almost died in one. Luckly my hubby isn't into them.

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

my dh wants one. and I agree with you, it would make sense financially, but I don't really like it. lol

othermom
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband has one, he bought it last year, he wants to get a bigger one as soon as he can afford it. It did make me nervous, but he loves it

cemcnair
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:51 PM
My dh has had one since he was 16 (we are 31 now). It scared me more after we had kids, but I just have to push that aside because it's something that's important to him.
As a motorcycle driver, you must always be hyper aware because other drivers are not. You cannot have distractions.
cemcnair
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, it's a lot of fun to ride on too :)
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 4:30 PM

I would say no way

Numom61507
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:04 PM

If my husband told me he wanted a motorcycle, I'd crap myself and die because it would literally be the end of the world. 

I don't know how I'd feel about using it as a second vehicle though.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)