Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Will you teach your child to stay a virgin until marriage?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 351 Replies
2 moms liked this

If not, what is an appropriate age for your child to have sex in a safe, disease free environment?

How do you come to terms with them losing their virginity?   Can you expect them to wait if you didn't?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sister_Someone
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:05 PM
25 moms liked this

Absolutely not. There is nothing wrong with safe sex between two or more consenting parties. I didn't wait, I don't agree with waiting, and I would never ask that of any child of mine.

I don't have an age limit. I would and do teach my son to respect himself and never agree to anything he's not comfortable with, and when he does want to have sex with someone, kneel at the altar of the holy condom. If I had a daughter, I'd teach her the same thing.

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:41 PM
14 moms liked this
I think it's unrealistic to expect a child to wait until marriage,it works for a few but not many. I'd prefer to be open with my child about sex and teach him/her how to be safe and to respect their own body and others. I'd want my child to feel comfortable coming to me with questions, not afraid that I would be angry.
Sisteract
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest is married. The younger one is 23 and has had the same gf for 3 years... Too late.

virginiamama71
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 2:18 PM
4 moms liked this

I hope he will wait but if not I hope he will take what he will be taught and be responsible.

MyNameIs-
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 2:22 PM
13 moms liked this
I'm going to encourage it but I won't make it mandatory - that is to say I'm not going to disown her or kick her out of the house if she has sex before marriage. I waited and I think it was the best choice for me.
pippi311
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 2:29 PM
4 moms liked this

No, I don't believe in waiting until marriage.

I will encourage my kids to wait until they have found someone that they love and trust who is worthy of that kind of a gift (though I think "gift" is quite a corny word to use but I can't think of a substitute at this time).  and birth control will always be not only encouraged but readily available when the time comes.

conweis
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I want to ingrain into my children to respect their bodies and those that they are with, I think if I had not been molested I would have stuck to my original plan of waiting until after college. My plan was that after I finished college, I would start dating.
I have all boys and will raised them to be gentlemen and tell them any girl who is willing to give it up on the first date is probably a girl not worth being with.
They will be giving the safe sex talk and a whole arrange of images of different STDs to help them in their choices to stay safe or wait.

Miranda1127
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:08 PM
2 moms liked this

no. I believe teaching abstinence leads to some very serious sexual and health issues. I don't have a set age limit in mind. I would hope it wouldn't be until their latter H.S. years or early college years.

HotSouthernMess
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:20 PM
19 moms liked this
Yes. It is the way we believe. I was taught the same way and I have only ever been with my husband.
chrissydan
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:30 AM
Really not sure on this part of me says of course i want them to wait but the realistic part of me says they won't. I can't say I'd be thrilled with them making the choice befor marriage but it's not a huge deal if they chose to.
As for age i really hope they can wait until they are 17/18 at the least. I lost my virginity at a young age and really wish I had waited longer but things happen for a reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN