Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

I (Heart) Spring Cleaning

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this

This past weekend, I got texts from two mommy buds. One said, "Husband took kids ALL day! ;) I went through five dressers and two closets. Score!". The other typed, "At the home office desk. In total OCD mode. Looks like a tornado hit it, but making big progress."

These texts? Totally made me jealous. With each bing from my phone and new little update on their Spring Cleaning progress, I became more and more jealous. Yes, my mommy BFFs are in Spring Cleaning mode and, due to wacky schedules of various commitments, I cannot, at this time, start in on my own Spring Cleaning. Which peeves me that I have not started yet. Right, even though it's a mere 30 degrees, and we have snow in the forecast, I am in that "Let's clear out the winter muck and throw open the windows and get to it!" mindset. Right, I'm a little insane.

I love Spring Cleaning. Just thinking about the transformation of the home, of clearing out and freshening up the abode gets me all sorts of giddy. I don't know what it is, but the idea of going through and reorganizing and purging old things, getting everything in order for a new bright season makes me smile. It's like my home is a little caterpillar that has been in a winter cocoon and now wants to emerge a butterfly (see what I did there, with the Spring analogy?).

Yes, for some, this is very weird. I realize this. But, this week, here at Mad Life, we're going to be chatting about Spring Cleaning -- the good, the bad and the ugly. I have to say, I like the closet organization part of Spring Cleaning much more than the wash-the-baseboards aspect of it.

How do you do your spring cleaning? Have you started yet?

©iStockphoto.com/Chris Shirley

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:13 AM

I normally do one room and closet at a time. I just scrub down everything. I haven't started yet. I'm waiting for some nice weather so I can open the windows :)

blondiemomof2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Just started yesterday. Its going very slowly right now :(

lalasmama2007
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I don't do a spring cleaning.  I just keep up with things year round.

la1118
by Laura on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:55 AM
I don't have a plan or schedule, just do what I can when I can.
cemcnair
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Took advantage of a sick baby day off from work and got started yesterday!
chrissydan
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:13 AM
I have been gradually cleaning but as the weather hasn't been nice my mood isn't really in it yet. I want to clean but yeah ain't happening just yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HotSouthernMess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:16 AM
I started Sunday. Decluttering mostly.
brittany208
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I haven't started. I should. This place is getting messy

sarahjz
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:52 AM

I love spring cleaning too.  Mostly decluttering.  Have started, but just barely.  It's just so cold here....and more snow in the forecast.

arpazia
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't. I just clean any time and if it happens to be spring... Yay

Those of you that love to spring clean please come visit me:D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)