Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Best Moments

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 57 Replies
1 mom liked this

In the quiet semi-dark of early morning, I hear first the creaking of our old wood floors and then the soft shuffling of small feet. Our bedroom door opens and my son comes in, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He waits for me to pull back the covers and then he slips in next to me and puts his head on my shoulder and throws his arm across my chest. He lays quietly for a few minutes in that space between asleep and awake.

“G’morning Mama. Is it a school day or a staying home day?”

We talk about what kind of day it will be and listen to the early morning squawking of his sister in her room. My husband usually fetches her (she is a Daddy’s girl through and through) and then brings her back to the bed.

She is ecstatic with joy when she sees her brother: “Bobo! Bobo! Bobo brudder! Brudder! Hi!”

If we are lucky we get a minute or two of the two of them snuggling quietly. More often we get wrestling and tickling and demands of “get me! I need gettings!”

It is such a small window of time, these 10 minutes when we are all piled into our queen sized bed before the day really begins, but, man…I’m hard pressed to think of a part of my day I enjoy more.

Except, maybe, that quiet moment at night when you know that the kids are finally asleep and you can get out the good ice cream and know you don’t have to share it with anyone while you watch something completely brainless on the TV (Ben & Jerry’s and Real Housewives, anyone? Just me?).

This is, I think, parenting in a nutshell: the best moments of the day are seeing your children. The second best are not having to see your children anymore. No wonder we sometimes feel crazy!

What are your best moments of the day?

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen113000
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:42 AM
Getting my kids from school. I love hearing about their day.
jen113000
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Snuggles in bed on weekends! And snuggles before bed.
la1118
by Laura on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:16 AM
I love the quiet time on weekend mornings when I get to have a cup of coffee in a quiet house by myself. Then right after that when I get my first morning big hugs from DS.
Apr1l
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Snuggles in the morning in bed and alone coffee time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:39 AM

I enjoy my alone time while my dd is at school, but I love it when she gets off the bus in the afternoon too =)

cemcnair
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:49 AM
The boys and I take naps together on the weekends. I love when we wake up refreshed. Baby loves seeing his big brother laying there next to him :)
ceciliam
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Same for me. :)

Quoting jen113000: Getting my kids from school. I love hearing about their day.

HotSouthernMess
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:05 AM
When the girls both come home from school and we play and talk. Now that it's getting nice out, we sit on the swing and talk and laugh.
Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:11 AM

I love relaxing at home after dinner....the days are so rushed for us, so getting a few moments to cuddle on the couch or play a game with the family is awesome.

conweis
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

All the kids are laughing harmoniously together and not fighting. Those moments are rare but great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN