Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do You Need a Spring Cleaning Intervention?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:07 AM
  • 71 Replies

Spring cleaning isn't just about making a clean sweep of your whole house. It's also about creating new habits the allow you to live a more functional life. Organizational Expert Jill Pollack is here to help us get there!

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Yes, I have a lot to get done

slw123
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this
I can get the house spring cleaned. My family needs new habits badly.
1frog
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Organizing is wonderful, but I think it's different than cleaning. When I think of spring cleaning I think of washing walls, shampooing the carpets, etc. This video fell short on being a "spring clean intervention." It was a discussion, not an intervention, and they never talked about HOW to get organized, only the importance of doing it, much less cleaning tips. Disappointed.

tn_a_handsome_boy.jpg

kerryket
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Spring break is a good time for us to get back on track with some extra hands around.
goddess99
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

She's right, organizing helps you live a more stress free life. I love organizing things, my stuff goes back in the same place everyday/every time I use them.

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:53 AM

You're right, they should retitle it, it has nothing to do with cleaning.

Quoting 1frog:

Organizing is wonderful, but I think it's different than cleaning. When I think of spring cleaning I think of washing walls, shampooing the carpets, etc. This video fell short on being a "spring clean intervention." It was a discussion, not an intervention, and they never talked about HOW to get organized, only the importance of doing it, much less cleaning tips. Disappointed.

sarahjz
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 1frog:

Agreed.

Also, organization will mean different things to different people....

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Same here

Quoting slw123: I can get the house spring cleaned. My family needs new habits badly.

la1118
by Laura on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Yes I need a "year 'round" cleaning, not just a spring cleaning.
brittany208
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I need to catch up on cleaning after having a baby... 10 months ago. all of these spring cleaning articles are helping motivate me. i dusted today. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)